Vmware Virtualization Expert
Last active: 5 days ago
A technology professional experienced in VMware virtualization infrastructure, storage design, and Microsoft technologies. I bring an innovative and pragmatic approach to analyzing complex business needs, enabling me to design and implement cutting edge solutions based on the latest virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies.
Planning, designing and implementing enterprise solutions involving VMware, Microsoft, HP and EMC Technologies utilizing best practices for availability, reliability, and performance of compute, network, and storage resources to achieve dense virtualization ratios while maintaining SLAs and surpassing disaster recovery RTO/RPO’s.
Specific experience includes:
• Architecture, design, install and configure VMware ESX4/5/5.5, vSphere 5/5.5 environments with vCenter management, vCac, Vadp Consolidated Backup, DRS/HA, VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), vCenter Operations Manager (VCops) and View desktop virtualization infrastructure (VDI).
• Designing and configuring both internal and external VMware View VDI 5.3 & 6 solutions to hundreds of end-users globally for account customer bases.
• Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed P2V, V2V and V2P migration of Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012 as well as Linux servers from VMware and legacy hardware.
• Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN-backed VMware infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
• Sizing and Capacity Planning for future growth and upgrades.
• Develop, test, and maintain a disaster recovery plan for critical VMs and application data using SRM and EMC vPlex.
• Tuning infrastructure of operating systems and automation using PowerCLI and VMware orchestrator.
• Extensive experience in installation, administration and networking in various environments.
• Responsible for third-level support for all server related issues both physical and virtual.
• Participated in complete system builds, pocs, upgrades, migrations, code deployments and patch management.
• Thorough knowledge of Windows 2000/2003/2008/2012, Exchange 2010/2013, MSCS and MSSQL 2005/2008/2012.
• Active Directory Services; Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPO); Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), DHCP, WINS, and DNS.