Windows, Linux, virtualization engineer
I specialize in servers administration (Microsoft, Linux) and virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare,Parallels), with clouds (Office 365, AWS, Azure)
I can offer you not only the technical skills (in-depth knowledge of Windows and Linux architectures, local area networks), but also ideas that will contribute to raising the quality of your internal IT-structure.
I believe that I can be helpful for your project.
• Overall 12 years of work experience in IT.
• Experience in building, upgrading and supporting virtual infrastructure based on VMware vSphere (ESXi, vCenter, VCOPS, etc.), Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware View.
• Strong knowledge of the principles and technologies of providing High Availability and Disaster Recovery virtual infrastructure such as VMware HA, Fault Tolerance, (S)vMotion, Site Recovery Manager.
• Rich experience in P2V (Physical to Virtual) and V2V (Virtual to Virtual) migrations of production customer’s services based on Linux and Windows using VMware vCenter Converter.
• Experience in building physical server infrastructure based on HP and IBM server equipment (blade, rack-mount, storage).
• Knowledge of the principles SAN and Ethernet networks.
• Experience in auditing, troubleshooting and upgrading customer’s server infrastructure.
• Working experience with technical documentation (writing and using).
Last 8 years I worked in Oil company and Cloud provider company as one of the key specialists on the Teamlead and Senior System Engineer position.
My skills can be divided to three main specializations:
First of all, my strongest point is enterprise-level virtualization technologies VMware/Microsoft/Parallels:
- VMware vSphere 4.0-5.5
- VMware (Horizon) View 4.6/5.0/5.2/6.0
- VMware vCloud Suite
- MS Hyper-V 2008/2012
- Parallels Virtuozzo
Second area it's Windows/Linux-based services administration:
- Microsoft OS and Services: Windows 2003-2012(R2), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, MS SQL, MS Exchange, Office 365, MS System Center series, Sharepoint
- Enterprise infrastructure systems - Symnatec Netbackup, HP Insight Control, Parallels Automation
- Service Desk systems OTRS, Kayako, MS Service manager, HP Service Desk
- Unix-like OS and Services: CentOS, RHEL, Zabbix, DHCP, DNS, iptables, Apache, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, FTP, Samba
The third area is enterprise-level server equipment HP/IBM:
- HP Proliant, Blade system, SAN P-series
- IBM System X
- APC equipment