Strong Generalist With Math Background
Last active: 1 month ago
Happy to keep things simple, focus on what's important, and make it easy to change direction.
Currently Node.js, previously Python. 10 years' experience.
* While working remotely, I believe that communication is key.
* Have strong CS & math background (B.S. in math and M.S. in CS).
Expertise tech list includes:
* HTML5, CSS3 (cross-browser, progressive, mobile first) including variations like HAML, LESS
* Twitter Bootstrap and other UI frameworks
* Python (desktop, shell scripting, Django, Flask)
* Java (EE, desktop, Android)
* PHP (mainly CakePHP)
* WebSocket, Primus
* Grunt, Gulp, Bower
* AngularJS, Backbone.js, Express, Sails, Socket.io
* Relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLite)
* NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra, Amazon DynamoDB)
* KV storages (Redis, Memcached)
* Google App Engine (including MapReduce)
* Amazon Web Services
* Unix administration