Dr. Zahid Mahmood
Image Processing, Computer Vision & Machine Learning Developer
Last active: 8 days ago
I am expert in Signal & Image processing, Machine Learning, pattern recognition and Computer Vision. I have done MS in EE from USC Los Angeles, USA in 2004. I have done PhD in Hyperspectral image processing from University of Antwerpen, Belgium in 2013. I am also working on various freelancing websites since 2005.
Following are some of my projects:
1) Scanned Seismic Graph to Data Conversion.
2) Hyperspectral Image feature extraction.
3) Tracking moving targets using KLT (Best features to track finding) algorithm and triangualtion of best features for final tracking.
4) Face detection (haar cascade algorithm) and recognition (eigen faces algorithm).
1) Detection and Tracking of Swimmers in dynamic pool environment.
2) Detection, tracking and measuring sizes, orientation etc. of bacteria/cell in microscopic videos.
3) Image Deformation measurement from x-rays videos of bones.
4) Image Analysis - Bead extraction from image background, beads are microscopic cells of different types.
5) Hand tracking game for rehabilitation of stroke patients. This game is used to measure and improve the motor skills of hands for the stroke patients.
Journal and Conference Publication:
• Mahmood Z., Awais, M. A.; Thoonen, G.; Peeters, S. & Scheunders, P., "Contextual subpixel mapping of hyperspectral images making use of a high resolution color image", IEEE J. Sel. Topics Appl. Earth Observations and Remote Sens., 2013, XX, XX
• Akhter, M. A.; Mahmood Z., & Scheunders, P., " Hyperspectral image subpixel mapping using Getis index", accepted in WHISPERS2013 25-28 June, Gainesville, Florida, USA.
• Mahmood Z., G. Thoonen and P. Scheunders,"Automatic threshold selection for morphological attribute profiles" presented in IGARSS2012 (22-27 July 2012), Munich Germany.
• Mahmood Z., G. Thoonen, M. A. Akhter and P. Scheunders, "Subpixel mapping of hyperspectral data using high resolution color images" presented in WHISPERS2012 (4-7 June 2012), Shanghai, China.
• Thoonen G., Mahmood Z., S. Peeters, and P. Scheunders, "Multisource classification of color and hyperspectral images using color attribute profiles and composite decision fusion", ", IEEE J. Sel. Topics Appl. Earth Observations and Remote Sens., , 2012, 5, 510 -521.
• Mahmood Z., and P. Scheunders, "Enhanced visualization of hyperspectral images", IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing letters, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 869-873, 2011.
• Mahmood Z., G. Thoonen, V. De Witte, and P. Scheunders, "Multi-source image classification using color attribute profiles", 3rd Workshop on Hyperspectral Image and Signal Processing: Evolution in Remote Sensing (WHISPERS), Lisbon, Portugal, pp. 1 - 4, 2011
• Mahmood Z., and P. Scheunders, "Enhanced visualization of hyperspectral images", Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS), 2010 IEEE International, pp. 991 -994, July, 2010.
• Usman Q. , Ahsan Q., Mahmood Z. and Javed, M.Y., “Fusion of neural network with POC for face recognition”, ICCIT 2007, An International Journal of Research an Innovation, 21-23 November, Gyeongju, South Korea, pp. 154-159.