Consultant | CFO | CEO | Board Director
Mr. Dutton is a high-impact executive who strategically grows business and valuations. Revamped operating processes, streamlined operations, and created a culture of performance. As a leading Wall Street Analyst, pioneered research that launched publicly traded hospital chains; repeatedly raised ~$250MM in equity and debt capital. NASDAQ Committee Member.
Expert at analyzing industry trends, conceptualizing new market opportunities, and forecasting plans that drive top-line growth. Leverage analyst experience and financial acumen to ensure flow-through to bottom-line. Broad industry experience in investment management, and research, corporate finance, healthcare, environmental technologies and regulation, alternative energy, liability insurance carriers
General & Financial Management | Strategy & Planning | Mergers & Acquisitions | Capital Formation
There are a wide range of projects and assignments that I can undertake for a client based on my last year which are illustrative. I assessed and designed an alternative investment fund based on assembling significant holdings of ranch lands and bison herds. I guided the revamping of the management and treasury systems of a mid-size real estate company. I have been asked to design financial services career preparation for anticipated needs arising from Chinese free trade zone liberalization and demand for employees. Finally serving as adviser to new. integrated healthcare and IT company founded by several leading doctors.
Dutton Consulting - Sacramento, CA
Mid 2013 to Present
Contracted to design and run an alternative investment fund based on ranch lands and commercially growing bison herds. Fund was highly correlated to inflation and negatively to equities and treasuries. Also revamped the management and treasury systems of a mid size real estate company, and developed training guidelines for employment in expanding Chinese financial services industry following establishment of free trade zones.
PARADIGM BIOSCIENCES INTERNATIONAL, LLC, San Francisco, CA
Chairman & Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
• Drove startup process and technical development addressing multi-billion dollar markets with biological emissions solution for utilities & regulators; marketable end products sales; managed financial affairs
o Raised initial $1.4 million funding;
o Drove joint commercialization agreement from top California technical university - CalPoly
DUTTON ASSOCIATES LLC, Sacramento, CA
CEO, CIO & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) 1997 to 2009
One of largest international small cap equity research firms in North America, the EU, and China
• Increased client enterprise values and facilitated $350M+ equity financing for small cap clients. Its service model became a dominant worldwide influence for small cap companies.
o Stimulated capital formation including PIPEs, AMEX, ADRs; instrumental in launching China equities.
o Drove (in 1 year) double-digit stock gains for 218 clients’ stocks (39%) over Russell 2000 with 416% increase in trading volume.
WEINRESS, FRANKSON, PRESTON & FRIEND, Irvine, CA
Research Director 1995 to 1997
• Established enterprise value enhancement and capital formation through a regional research, trading and banking model.
o Led $50M equity financing causing resurgence of GPS stocks.
CORSAIR ASSET MANAGEMENT INC., Los Angeles, CA
President & CIO 1984 to 1994
• Increased corporate client valuation and profitability through investment performance over benchmarks. Optimized cash flows and capital appreciation.
o Saved client $20M annually in premium and contribution costs for AMI’s pension and insurance costs.
o Managed early adoption of technological solutions improving profitability.
AMERICAN MEDICAL INTERNATIONAL (AMI), Beverly Hills, CA
Senior Vice President Worldwide Development & CIO, Director 1970 to 1984
International NYSE listed healthcare company
• Made $1B annual impact to top-line by significantly improving and executing worldwide development projects and M&A; bottom-line increase by 20% of revenue gain. Chaired Board Audit Committee.
o Set up and managed $150M ERISA / captive insurance portfolios.
o Co-led domestic and international public, private and project financing; investor relations.