Linux System Admin, AWS, WHM/Cpanel, Plesk
Last active: 20 hours ago
I'm a linux sysadmin and have worked in a web hosting company for more than eight years and now doing a full-time sysadmin consulting. I handle servers from co-locations/data centers to different vps and cloud hosting providers such as Rackspace, Amazon, Linode, DigitalOcean, and Softlayer. I managed mostly lamp-stack servers on CentOS/RHEL and Debian/Ubuntu and several cPanel/WHM servers for shared hosting clients.
I have designed and deployed mid to large scale highly scalable, fault tolerant, automated and secure IT infrastructures using cutting edge complex technologies such as cloud computing, aws/ec2, NoSQL databases, hadoop, load balancers, chef/puppet configuration management systems, varnish cache, nginx/apache web servers, solr search and indexing, virtualization, LAMP and python frameworks, RoR etc.
- Servers: RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, solaris
Cloud and Hosting Providers:
- Manage instances deployed in Rackspace, Amazon, and Linode
- Manage dedicated servers in datacenter co-locations and Softlayer
Virtualization and Cloud technologies:
- Xen: setup, configure, and manage virtual machines running Debian and CentOS
-openvz : setup, configure, manage and migrate virtual machines running on CentOS
- OpenStack and Eucalyptus: setup, configure, and manage private cloud deployments
Hosting Control Panels:
- Manage multiple cPanel servers for shared hosting clients and services
- Previous experiences include Plesk, zpanel, directadmin, and Webmin control panels
-- Manage DNS cluster on Cpanel DNSOnly versions. Manage zones hosted and integrated with Cpanel servers.
- Manage Bind DNS service on dedicated and Cpanel servers (WHM and DNSOnly
versions). Manage zones hosted at Softlayer and integrated with Cpanel servers
- Managed DNS from different hosting providers (Godaddy, NetworkSolutions, SRSPlus)
as well as migrating entire DNS/NameServers between different providers.
- Cpanel Backups, and different rsync scripts (rsnapshot, rsback, rdiff), remote ftp backup.
- Administer backups from cloud providers such as AmazonS3 and Rackspace CloudBackup
Version Control Systems:
- Git: setup and manage dedicated git hosting server running Gitolite and Gitlab
- Github: manage organizations and private repositories. Setup deploy keys and webhooks
Alerts and Monitoring:
- Configure Nagios/opesview and cacti for servers and services monitoring
- Server graphing with NewRelic and Pingdom services. Previous work experience
includes Cacti, Graphite, MRTG, and PRTG.
Drupal CMS Administration:
- Managed Drupal 5,6, and 7 sites on LAMP-stack from different hosting providers
- Drupal server and site performance evaluation, tuning, and optimizations
- Setup and configure Drupal integration with CiviCRM, ApacheSolr/Tomcat,
Memcached, APC, and Varnish
- Applies Drupal standard and security updates on different site environments
- Experienced with setting up PCI Compliant servers. Scanning tools include dedicated
Nessus server and third-party scanner like Trustwave and ControlScan
- Setup and manage firewall rules with iptables, ufw, configserver firewall (csf),
Rackspace RackConnect, AWS SecurityGroups, dedicated firewall devices.
- Rkhunter, Chkrootkits, SSHD, TCP Wrapper, fail2ban.