Bilingual editor, interpreter, translator, & proofreader (ENG-SPA-POR)
Last active: 4 months ago
Damas y Caballeros, sean bienvenidos!
My professional editor, interpreter, translator, & proofreader experience spans U.S. open and technical intelligence analysis with the Defense Intelligence Agency, multinational defense conferences with Latin American partners, public affairs outreach projects (community volunteerism), logistics logistics contract negotiation for U.S. and Latin American militaries, certified bilingual tax assistance in Arizona, tourism in Colombia, and currently as a bilingual editor for legal solutions company LexisNexis, in Virginia.
Raised and educated in Colombia, exposure to arguably the most expressive and passionate language in the world--Spanish--transformed my interaction with words into a love affair of sorts. Natively comfortable with Castillian & Latin American dialects and idioms, bilingualism has brought forth unique opportunities in a plethora of industries; it's also acted as a catalyst in becoming professionally proficient to translate from Portuguese into English.
My tested attention to detail and cultural understanding enrich the customer's experience while ensuring an effective quality end-product. I am responsible for bridging gaps; I am entrusted with creating a connection where one didn't exist before. Allow me to assist you with your needs today!
A few of my qualifications:
* Government-tested, English-Spanish interpreter/translator & Portuguese-English translator
* Proficient multi-format report writer w/ +4 yrs experience in editing, proofreading, & production
* Excellent speaker w/ +8 yrs expertise in oral presentations, public affairs, & customer outreach
* Seasoned all-source data analyst with +8 yrs fluency in database accountability & management
* Adaptable task manager w/ +5 yrs prioritization & critical thinking training for fluid environments
* Skillful administrator w/ +8 yrs know-how in customer service, clerical duties, & Microsoft Office