Kieran O' Leary
Experienced Mixed-Signal Electronic Engineer
Last active: 4 months ago
I am an experienced mixed-signal electronic engineer with a background in consumer electronics, embedded systems and programmable logic. Over the last 10 years, I have worked for industry leading semiconductor, FPGA, signal processing and consumer electronics companies.
A strong technical competence combined with the ability to work well in cross functional teams and in different cultures is demonstrated by a track record of achieving significant design wins at the world's leading consumer electronic companies.
I have worked on products released by companies including Apple, Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic, Blackberry, Palm and HP.
My skillset includes:
• Embedded system development on multiple architectures including PIC, Blackfin, ARM, AVR (Arduino), PowerPC and MicroBlaze
• Low power, low noise analog circuit design (including SPICE simulation)
• Digital circuit design (Verilog and VHDL)
• High Speed Digital Design (including Multi-gigabit SERDES considerations)
• FPGA and CPLD design (Xilinx and Altera)
• Wireless design (Wifi, Zigbee, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Low Energy)
• PCB Design (PADS, Eagle and KiCad)
• Data acquisition and conversion (ADC and DAC)
• Signal and Power Integrity
• Audio and Video Electronics
• Use of lab equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyser, VNA, etc.)
• Prototype debug and performance evaluation
• Experience of working in Asian (Korean, Chinese and Japanese) business cultures