Russian/Ukrainian Translator and Proofreader
Last active: 16 hours ago
Experienced / Reliable / Responsible / Professional.
Thank you for visiting my page. If you want a high-quality translation for ridiculously low price, please turn to other freelancers. There are lots of “professionals” out there. My time is as valuable as yours, but something tells me that many clients want both quality and cheapness at the same time. To my mind, it is impossible. Obviously, I represent a mix of experience and value due to my 3 year experience and I position myself mainly as Russian translator. Therefore, I offer a near-perfect translation, probably a single job, for $0,03-0,04/word (because I need more time to be meticulous in the choice of words, rereading a performed work as many times as it needs for finding misprints, mistakes etc) or a quick and normal translation, possibly a long-term cooperation, for $0,01/word.
Translating: I am a native Russian/Ukrainian (excellent grammar) <> English (fluent) < German (novice, I can translate into mentioned three languages), Latin (novice, one year course)
Proofreading: I went through a long period of trainings and I benefited greatly from the partnership with the last Company. During a year and a half I have been being sent every two weeks a list of recommendations and suggestions on how to improve the quality of translations to make articles I have been translating more useful and adapted to general public. There have been remarks and mistakes made by more than 150 translators as well. I read attentively these instructions and got minor remarks only at the very beginning. In a month or so of my cooperation with the Company until recently, my articles have been selectively chosen and every time I have got the highest rates. In my opinion, this experience could help me to be a good proofreader.
The main areas I have been improving my skills at:
• Technical documentation (detailed guides, instructions, description of processes)
• Specialized documentation (home appliances, layout and construction of vehicles etc.)
• Videogames (detailed game/App instructions, tutorials, user-friendly guides etc.)
• Medicine (description of drugs, diseases etc.)
• Sports (trainings, workouts, exercises etc.)
• Website content (company's objectives, priorities, offerings etc.)
• Travel guides (in narrative style)
• Blog translation
• Personal correspondence
• Editing (meticulous finding of misprints and mistakes)
• 800+ various articles
• 500.000+ words from Eng into Rus
• 15.000+ words from Rus/Ukr into Eng
• $5,000+ earnings
• 9 oDesk tests done with distinguished results
• 5+ jobs completed
Please do not hesitate to contact me for further information!