A versatile freelance editor
I have a B.A. in English, and for nine years I edited business and marketing copy for the second-biggest law firm in Buffalo, New York, Philips Lytle LLP. I've also edited books for Happy About, a publishing house in California. In addition, my freelance nonfiction work has appeared in "Buffalo Spree" magazine, the "Buffalo News," and the "New York Law Journal"; a one-act play that I wrote was staged at a small theatre in Buffalo, New York, in January 2007; and I've had four flash-fiction stories published in electronic literary magazines.
My skills, experience, and accomplishments include the following:
- Editing a book for a client titled “The Chi of Change,” which was an Amazon number one best seller.
- Editing and writing copy for attorneys that has appeared in print in the "Metropolitan Corporate Counsel," "American British Business," the "Albany Law Review," and the "New York Law Journal."
- Editing marketing materials for Aars | Wells, an ad agency in Dallas, Texas, that has earned more than 75 local, national, and international awards for creative excellence.
- Writing journalistic pieces for "Buffalo Spree" magazine, a national award-winning monthly publication.
- Scoring in the top 30% of all Upwork providers for the Chicago Style Editing Skills Test for Writing Professionals.