Aix/Unix System Administrator - 5Y of Exp
United Arab Emirates
Seeking a challenging position as a UNIX system administrator utilizing 4.8 years’ experience with multiple platforms including Linux,Solaris however specializing in IBM AIX. Self-motivated, dedicated and up to any task that I am given.
Having 4.8 years of IT experience specialized in System Administrator, Network Administration and Application Support working on AIX, Redhat Linux environments.
Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration, performance tuning on UNIX.
Experience in monitoring the availability & performance of UNIX Servers through tools like vmstat, netstat, vmstat and iostat.
Proficiency with configuration and maintenance of NFS, DNS and Networking with TCP/IP.
Skilled at IBM-AIX kernel Tuning, Performance Analysis.
IBM Certification : IBM AIX 7.1 Certified Specialist - System p Administration
: HACMP Certified Specialist.
Designation: UNIX System Administrator
Period: Dec 2013 to June 2015
Company Name: Dynpro India Pvt, Ltd – (Client – IBM India Pvt, Ltd - Bangalore)
Projects: Friends Provident, QBE
• Trouble shooting skills on LVM – AIX.
• HMC & VIO Password Recovery.
• Running snap on AIX Server to analyse system issues by working with IBM Support team and Co-ordinating with CE for identifying and changing faulty Hardware’s.
• Upgrading IBM AIX to the latest version and upgrading the existing packages.
• Knowledge in TSM client configurations and trouble shooting.
• Adding and Removing disk mapping from VIO server to client lpar.
• Taking VIO backups to remote file systems by creating mksysb image.
• Hands on experience on stopping and starting cluster services .
• Creating shared volume groups in cluster. Adding and removing disks to the cluster volume group.
• User creation and modification in Linux & Linux Kernel Patching.
• Worked 24X7 and on-call in production support and trouble shooting on AIX servers
• Case logging with OS Vendor for any Hardware or Software problem.
• Primary Ownership of AIX servers and Oncall Support.
Designation: AIX System Administrator
Period: Oct 2010 to Dec 2013
Company Name: Info Logic Systems Pvt, Ltd – (Client – Wipro Technologies - Bangalore)
Projects: OKI Europe limited
• User management activities such as creating, changing, deleting users, configuring or changing security attributes user.
• Daily Management activities (Incidents, Changes, Service requests Handling )
• Managing log files. Such as system security logs & Handling Security health checks
• Creating logical volumes, file systems and working with file system changes such as changing mount point, changing file system size (increase or decrease).
• File Transfer Protocol – configuration and working with ftp commands.
• Configuring& Modifying Network file systems, working with exporting & mounting issues.
• Fixing mount issues, checking file system integrity, running fsck in maintenance mode on rootvg logical volumes if any corrupted lv’s in rootvg and root password recovery..
• Daemons and process management (stopping, starting and refreshing)
• Checking for error report on servers.
• Working with paging spaces creation, increase, and decrease paging spaces as per the requirement.
• Performance Monitoring - Monitoring systems, cpu, memory and disk utilization using topas, sar, vmstat, netstat etc.
• Data migration from one storage to another storage.
• Installing OS patches/TL upgrades using alternate disk installation method.
• Handling Export and import volume group and moving vg from one lpar to another lpar.
• Working knowledge on HMC.
• Participated in migration of AIX servers from 5.3 to AIX 6.1 through NIM
• HMC administration like performing console & profile backups, creating, modifying partition profiles, and activating partitions.
• Performing DLPAR operations ,Capacity on demand management, like activating and de-activating cpu and memory and shared processor pool management
• Backup/Restoration and troubleshooting of mksysb backup issues.
• Taking server backups such as mksysb, savevg and other file or directory level backup using backup utility.
• Print queue Administration – such as creating, removing and troubleshooting print related issue
• Network administration : such as configuration IP aliases, Modifying routing entries KNOWN
Servers Operating : IBM Servers Power5, Power6 & Power 7
Operating system : AIX 5.3, AIX 6.1, AIX 7.1 & Linux
Technologies : Virtualization (VIO), Power HA,NIM
System Management : Hardware management console
Third party tools : Putty, Remedy & MS Office
Ticketing tools : Remedy tool, Maximo, Assyst.
Date of Birth : 24 Aug 1989
Father’s Name : B.Anjaneyulu
Gender : Female
Nationality : Indian