I started my career in computers, information security, and programming, even before I began high school. Ever since I was a kid, I've had many opportunities to apply my leadership, technical knowledge, and entrepreneurial experience while working with and learning from some very talented people at both small and large companies. I've engaged technology personally, professionally, and academically for as long as I can remember. As a teenager, I sought to prove my value to my home town community through freelancing of IT services. This eventually developed into a respectable business venture that financed much of my education. Beginning in 1998, I was driven to learn large enterprise IT environments, and decided to move away from my family and friends, and continue my career in Dallas. Over time, I have developed the ability to see many of the common threads in Fortune 500s and small businesses. I believe that my roots in small business and entrepreneurship have given me an advantage when developing innovative solutions for companies of all sizes.
• Expert in UNIX technologies with proven experience with assessment, architecture, implementation, migration, automation, best-practices, and administration.
• In-depth knowledge of all aspects of network design and maintenance.
• Expert understanding of networking: routing, switching, load-balancing, VPN, and NAT.
• Experienced with obtaining broad perspectives in order to translate customer needs into specific deliverables for project success.
• Driven to streamline processes using cutting edge Project Management tools.
• Proven ability to manage multiple vendors and resources to accomplish project goals.
Specialties: Information Security, Information Systems, Networking, Systems Architecture, Systems Engineering, Systems Administration, Volume Management, Configuration Management, Technical Training, Team Building, Project Management, Change Management, Process Management, Workflow Management, UNIX, Oracle, Solaris, Weblogic, ClearCase, Open Source, Linux, Red Hat, Apache, Tomcat, Redmine, Expect, Korn, C++