Sr. Systems Administrator with expertise in open source technologies
Last active: 08/07/2013
Sr. Systems Administrator with broad experience in creating and managing highly available and highly transactional solutions using Linux and open source technologies. Use to wearing many technology hats, I thrive in an environment where figuring out complex problems and solutions is the norm.
server architecture, creating and managing highly available and highly transactional solutions, Linux, open source technologies.
You can find me on LinkedIn here http://www.linkedin.com/in/dpeterson7
To provide outstanding service and support for organizations that might need:
- Backup coverage for a lone system administrator.
- Mentoring and training of on-site staff.
- Augmentation of existing staff to provide necessary coverage or add specific skills.
- Consultation of complex infrastructure changes or additions.
I provide the following expertise:
- Architecting, configuring, and managing of highly available and highly transactional solutions using Linux and open source technologies as well as cloud technologies like AWS.
- Installing and managing the following operating systems: CentOS, RHEL, AIX, Ubuntu, Windows 2003 and 2008.
- Cloud Hosting: AWS, Rackspace, Linode, DigitalOcean, and more.
- Databases/NoSQL: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Riak, Redis, RethinkDB, ElasticSearch.
- Web Servers: Nginx, Apache, lighttpd, IIS.
- Applications: HAProxy, Varnish, RabbitMQ, Memcached, RedHat Clustering, heartbeat, DRBD, Memcached, Membase, MooseFS, Zabbix, Jboss, Request Tracker, iptables, APF, subversion, Confluence, WordPress, Magento, Splunk, syslog, syslog-ng, rsyslog, puppet, github, jenkins and more.
- Protocols and Technologies: SMTP, SSH, IMAP, DNS, LDAP, DHCP, FTP(s), SSL, RSA,
- Scripting: Linux bash shell, VBscript, PHP