Scientific computing & data analyst (Python, Matlab, & MYSQL)
Experienced data analyst, physicist, and engineer with expertise in scientific computing and numerical modeling methods. Experience and knowledge of image processing, algorithm development, and data visualization, with particular attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge and experience with technical/scientific writing, as well as teambuilding, project management, and leadership skills. Ability to solve high level technical and scientific problems with both a holistic and granulistic point-of-view. Qualifications include:
• Monte Carlo methods and techniques
• Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) (including Bayesian analysis) and Metropolis-Hastings algorithms
• Data, signal, and image processing and analysis; error analysis and statistics
• Data visualization
• Numerical modeling, simulation
• Scientific/technical writing
MANAGEMENT & LEADERSHIP
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Cost/benefit ratio analysis and risk management
• Leadership and teambuilding
• Project Management
• Financial accountabilities and grant writing
EMPLOYMENT/RESEARCH OBJECTIVES AND INTERESTS
• To obtain a research or related computing position in or near the larger San Francisco Bay Area, California involving technical, scientific, and/or computer skills in the physical sciences, including physics (astrophysics/cosmology), space and earth sciences, and planetary science. Willing to acquire new computational and theoretical skills as needed.
• Interested in the utilization and development of modeling, data analysis, statistical, mining, reduction, and processing algorithms, methods, and techniques in a wide range of possible physical science, computational science, and engineering disciplines.
• Additional interests: astronomical techniques, scientific computing/computational science, data science, image processing, modeling, numerical methods, data visualization, software development.