Visual Artist: Painter, Sculptor, Stained Glass Designer
Last active: 2 months ago
I recently retired after 26+ years in the Commercial Art Glass Industry. My artistic career experiences entail much more than this. Please take a look at my Gallery below for a cross-section of the mediums and styles I've cover. If you don't see exactly what you want, ask me.
I really enjoy the unique opportunities that come my way as a freelancer. Over the years I've developed good communication skills, which I feel are essential to understanding the clients needs. I enjoy working with clients who are pleasant, honest and a little flexible. I generally work in stages and ask for client input, especially in the concept stage. I may even be willing to do a smaller test sample for you at a reduced rate, by adjusting time spent. If you've got an interesting project, perhaps we should get creative and make it happen.
● Individual Artist: Illustrator, Painter: working in various mediums, including drawing, watercolor, acrylic, and some computer graphics. Sculptor: working in clay, wax, stone, mold-making, ceramic and glass casting. Will consider collaborative work with other Artists.
● Commercial Glass Artist and former Assistant Project Coordinator for a major USA art glass studio. Significant experience in various phases of unique art glass project development. Provided concept designs, computer graphics, (using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), layout, glass selection, glass painting, mold making and kiln casting for art glass projects in churches, commercial, public art, residential, and some personal projects.
● Collaborative Artist and Assistant Project Coordinator on several of the 29 NY MTA Arts for Transit projects fabricated in the faceted glass department.
● Involved in the more technical aspects of unique frame designs in metal, wood, and cpvc-plastic; some in preparation for CAD to CNC Devoted much personal time to research on methods, materials and equipment.
● Teacher, K-12 Art: Developed a complete K-12 Art curriculum providing for a sequential, cognitive skills development using art with an interdisciplinary mix when feasible.
Coached the high school "Odyssey of the Mind" problem solving team to 2nd place at state. Was also the Prom coach and set designer. Also have experience creating large sets in college productions.