Senior Performance test engineer
A technical test expert specialized in performance testing, well known by the ability to customize in the testing tools to extend the technical testing feasibility depending on the strong design and development skills.
Performance testing for websites, mobile apps and mobile sites, APIs testing, REST API calls testing, Root cause analysis, Debug, Defects management, Team lead and tasks management, Consulting ...
Loadrunner, Sitescope, SOAP UI,Putty, FileZilla, Fiddler, firebug ...
Over 9 years of experience with wide exposure in the Information technologies areas, especially Software Performance Testing.
Ability to be an effective team player and work under time constraints.
HP Loadrunner AIS (Accredited Integration Specialist) certified tester
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with project and various teams like development, infrastructure, environment, to gather requirements, workload characterization
• Review Business Requirements, Design Documentation, Non Functional Requirements to analyze the performance test scope, identify dependencies and potential bottlenecks
• Participate in Requirement and Design walkthroughs with the client, vendor or in-house development team(s)
• Assist with development of the overall test strategy within the organization for various complex projects involving multiple application verticals and third party vendor software
• Determine test strategy based on Non-Functional business requirements to meet Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Explore options and alternatives for workload simulation and conduct proof of concept
• Prepare Test Strategy and Test Plan document for the performance test cycles
• Identify test resources needed and provide Test Estimate for the required work effort, chargeability, resource allocation, etc.
• Design and develop automated test scripts via test tool like LoadRunner VuGen in many commonly used protocols like Web HTTP/HTML, .NET, Ajax, Web Service, SAP GUI, Oracle, etc.
• Enhance test script operability with dynamic values correlation, error checking logics, and data parameterization
• Work with appropriate teams to identify data set and conditions; Build, and maintain test data files and ensure data integrity and repeatability
• Ensure the use of established testing guidelines and best practices for various testing phases
• Coordinate to ensure test environment are properly configured and available during testing
• Document and escalate issues appropriately to management and keeping project team informed with daily progress of the testing and deliverables
• Create and configure test scenario in core test tool Performance Center based on workload profile, and business requirements
• Collaborate with environment support team to identify impacted servers and determine relevant instruments to be monitored for evaluation of server health during test execution
• Understand the concept of utilizing tools like Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), NMON, AWR, Weblogic Console for evaluate and monitor server health
• Schedule and execute performance test scenarios of Baseline, Peak load, Stress load, Scalability, Endurance test, etc. in LoadRunner/Performance Center to verify performance and validate changes
• Debug issues encountered during test execution
• Report, track incidents via HP Quality Center and provide supporting documents
• Provide statistics on buffers, workload processing, server metrics, system errors, table locks, and ABAP dump in the case of SAP tests for aid in troubleshooting
• Provide periodical status updates to project team and business stakeholders of testing progress and open issues
• Work with development team, database, environment, and other support team to identify root cause and resolution
• Utilize HP Analysis tool to compile, collate test results and monitor metrics from test execution
• Work with Performance Engineering to analyze result data and distribute reports of transaction response times and other findings
• Create closing document and provide conclusion and recommendation to project team with regard to test results
• Participate in Exit Criteria sign-offs with business clients and project team and provide input for go-no go decisions for deployment
• Played integral role in many departmental special projects like process improvement, testing standards and best practices, test tool evaluation, etc.
• Maintain and administrate core test tool LoadRunner and Performance Center
• Worked with HP Support, various internal network, database and infrastructure teams to migrate classic LoadRunner version 9.5 to Performance Center version 11 on a much bigger VM platform.
• Upgraded Performance Center version 11 to new version of 12.01.
• Established guidelines for testing in Performance Center and provided training to team and on-boarding contractors