Senior iOS Engineer - Swift / Objective C Programmer
Last active: 1 day ago
"Talk is cheap. Show me the code."
- Linus Torvalds
During 14 years of programming and 5 years spent creating apps for iOS many mantras accompanied my work. One happened to surpass all others: take care of your code as much as you take care of program’s functionality. Being a scientist, I had no difficulty solving complex problems - it was the code itself that was difficult to harness. I learned that when one treats the code with care and love, it repays by being bug-free.
I augment my skills with techniques borrowed from functional languages (e.g. lisp) to produce safer and less error-prone programs.
I excel at fast development of bug free apps, totally focusing on the task at hand. I am communicative, open minded and creative.
I have an experience with core iOS technologies, including (but not limited to):
- UIKit for creating cool looks
- Core Animation for animating it smoothly
- Media manipulation - CoreAudio, CoreVideo, AVFoundation, CoreGraphics
- Core Data and its integration with various cloud solutions
- REST / SOAP integration
- gps / custom maps
- Bluetooth communication
- Push notifications
- iBeacons (I have worked with Estimote beacons).
I have also worked with some serious 3rd party libraries and services:
- Social sites - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+,LinkedIn
- Cocos2d, Box2D for game programming
- UDK (Unreal Development Kit) for 3D games
- Credit card reader device libraries for credit card payment support
- e-Commerce payment system - Paypal, Authorize.net, Stripe, Saleforce, card.io
- Bugsnag and Crashlytics bug reporting systems
- Parse for quick construction of simple backends.
- AsyncDisplayKit for increasing performance of complex applications
I have experience working with JIRA, Pivotal Tracker and Trello.
I use git as a version control system.
I own an iPhone (ip6, ip5s) and an iPad.
I take good care of application looks on all required screen sizes and device orientations.
I am looking forward to lead the development of interesting and challenging projects.