Jens Olaf Koch
Writer, translator, programmer
20+ years freelance experience as a published professional writer (German), translator (English/Dutch -> German) and programmer.
WORKING skills include:
- being well organised
WRITING skills include:
- writing books and articles (about IT topics, amongst other things)
- writing about popular music, poetry, and more
- excellent proof-reading abilities in German and English
TRANSLATING skills include:
- English (fluent) -> German (native)
- Dutch (fluent reading) -> German (native)
- SDL Trados Studio 2014
- industry-leading translator workbench
- incl. import and export of almost any file format
- OCR capability for graphics and PDFs
PROGRAMMING and IT skills include:
- relational database (RDB) design
- SQL programming (MySQL)
- CMS like WordPress/Drupal
- eCommerce (incl. eBay Powerselling, Amazon Marketplace)
- and more
Also great knowledge in accounting/controlling and all things commercial, stock market/finance, psychology/psychotherapy, natural sciences, humanities/spiritual matters, and more.
Please see also skills test results and portfolio.