Information Technology Consultant
Last active: 11/25/2013
Accomplished Executive and Technology / Business Solutions Architect with more than 18 years chronicle of success with start-ups in establishing and optimizing Information Technology Performance turnaround and established environments for startup companies and small businesses. Extensive, diverse IT background combined with deep understanding of the intersection between technology, business, and operational needs. Progressive, Strategic Thinker and Astute Technology Analyst, synthesizing organizational needs with viable IT solutions to address a wide range of business problems. Has global IT delivery experience leading highly-visible technical projects and transitioning Operations for IT and Non-IT companies.
Combines expertise in IT Operations, Web & Enterprise application development with years of experience in building & improving large, complex enterprise server & network operations organizations.
• Infrastructure Development
• Relationship Management
• Project Lifecycle Management
• Team Building & Leadership
• New Technology Integration
• Strategic & Operational Planning
• Technology Evaluation/Selection
• Problem Resolution
• Resource Management
• Executive Leadership
Throughout these successful years of experience in Information Technology, I have developed a wide range of skills in Information Technology Operations as cited below:
* Virtualization: Citrix Xen Server & VMware Esxi Hypervisor
* Operating Systems / Environment: Sun Solaris (5.5.1, 5.7, 5.8, 9, 10), HP UX (10.20, 11.0, 11.11), IBM AIX (11.11), SCO UNIX, Apple Mac OS, Redhat LINUX (5.2, 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, 9), Redhat Enterprise Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD, Windows Server 2008, 2003, 2000, NT Server 4.0 and 3.51, Windows 7, NT Workstation 4.0, Windows 95/98 & Millennium, Windows for Workgroups, Novell NetWare 3.11/3.12/4.00 & MS-DOS
* Mail Servers: Sendmail, MS-Exchange 2000 & 2003
* Hardware & Networking: Servers, Desktops and Laptops like Mac Mini - Apple, Dell, HP, IBM, HCL, Lenovo etc. as per Infrastructure and production requirement.
* Proxy Server: Squid, Winproxy
* File Server: Samba, NFS, DFS, SMB
* Security: Security policy design and Implementation, ACL, SSH
* Web & FTP Server: Apache, VSFTPD, Pure-FTPD, Windows IIS & FTP
* Monitoring Tools: Nagios, WhatsupGold, OpenNMS, HP OpenView, SiteScope
* Other Services: DNS, DHCP, WINS, Active Directory, Configuring different levels of RAID, Software Deployment
* Mail Client: MS Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Netscape Navigator, Eudora
• Installed and configured most commercial software packages / tools like MS Office 2010/2007/2003/2000/97, Visual Studio Products, WordStar v4.0 through 7.0, Lotus/VP Planner as well as several other proprietary software.
• Developed application software for different organizations using Cobol, dBase III+ and IV, Multi-user FoxBASE +, FoxPro 2.5, Visual FoxPro and Clipper 5.0/5.01.
• Assertive trouble-shooter of hard-to-solve hardware, Networking and OS problems.
• Installed Cisco, 3Com, Accton, D-Link and other branded Hubs/Switches, Wireless Routers and Access Points, Cabling, Crimping etc. & very familiar with all Networking hardware.
• Installed and Configured Routers (Sangoma (S508), Cisco (2500, 2600), Netgear & D-Link Wireless Routers), PIX Firewall (Cisco PIX Firewall 515) and Ethernet Switches (Cisco, Dlink, Allied Telesyn).
My core competency lies in complete end-to-end setup and management of the IT Infrastructure. I also work on Open Source technologies / platforms and have vast experience in this domain and I am seeking opportunities to work for you or your business from the ground up.
I also have a team of professionals with experience in the following areas: HTML, DHTML, PHP, MySQL, SQL, Ajax, OOP and Software Design and Testing.