Developer and Administrator
Over the last 10 years, I have developed a learning management system using ASP.NET and WinForms and have been administering DB2 under Linux.
Please note that right now I have only 10 hours per week availability
Objective: Architect position with ability to assign simple routine work to other developers, outsource domain specific tasks to the best expensive specialists available; avoiding low budget clients who cannot afford acceptable quality and normal development process
Development using following stack:
Custom GUI tier:
DevExpress WinForms or WPF on Windows
DevExpress ASP.NET + Orchard CMS (Microsoft) on Windows or Linux Mono
Semi-static web pages or commodity dynamic web functionality: WebGUI.org CMS on Linux (the most comprehensive CMS)
Business tier: CSLA (with nHibernate data portal) on Windows or Linux Mono
Database tier: PostgreSQL on Linux
Hypervisor: VMWare vSphere
NO lock-in to a vendor (like "MS only shop", or "Linux only" and "Windows is a toy"), always select a good popular reliable tool for the task
- Please describe your requirements in details
- Here you can enjoy relatively low rate compared to your local 75/h-100/h alternatives at about the same level of expertise
- Please interview more cadidates to compare and select the most appropriate
- It is better to hire an additional narrow specialist when a rare skill is required
Application domain: automation of some system related administration tasks, provisioning of services and servers, etc.
Please NO accounting and ERP related domain at least for development, though plugging into an existing already deployed and used by the company solution may be possible
Overall technical architecture of your application involving tools marked as "Development" hereafter, WITHOUT project management duties
Ability to outsource small coding and research subtasks to freelancers paid by your company directly still supervised by your company PM
Build cycle management, linking results from freelancers into the whole solution, helping PM to detail the subtasks for freelancers
A few of Linux related administration for the development infrastructure requiring rare skills
Development of a new application using: PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB
Migration from or integration with existing: DB2, MSSQL, MySQL, Firebird
Languages for applications:
Development for: Microsoft .NET framework on Windows and Mono on Linux
Integration with: Enterprise Java, WebGUI.org CMS
Libs and micro-frameworks:
Development: CSLA, nHibernate
ActiveX Object models: Office automation, ADO, DAO, etc.
Cross-platform integration via: XML-RPC, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ
Knowledge of how to use and configure hundreds of popular Debian and Redhat Linux packages to avoid "inventing a bicycle" and wasting workforce resources
Windows: DevExpress DXperience for WinForms and ASP.NET WebForms
Server (Linux or Windows as a server): ASP.NET on Mono, WebGUI.org CMS
Client (Any client and Windows as a server): web interface to RDP+WinForms
Integration with: WPF on Windows
Administration of development infrastructure:
New installations: Debian Linux, Proxmox, ZFS, iptables/firehol, security
Integration with or migration from: RedHat/Centos Linux, VMWare ESXi, Windows, etc.
Redmine, GIT, Liquibase, InnoSetup, Eazfuscator, EnigmaProtector, etc.
- BS degree in computer science, graduated from the Kurgan State University in the year of 2001
- Governance priority: Law, personal agreements with the Company, Company's policy, PM instructions.
- Relatively good English reading and writing skills, native in Russian
- I like perfectionism unless prohibited by PM in favor to a deadline
- I prefer to avoid being detracted from thinking activity, prefer silent working environment may be with only instrumental music without words and work from home
- I prefer to work with automated computer systems instead of people, though I always try to be humane and friendly in communication and relations with people
- I try to help with an advice to an inquiring person if I already know an answer and it takes me only a few minutes to help, but reject to help if need an unpredictable time for finding a solution which detracts me from current PM assignment