I'll do this by checking the index maintenance window and schedules. Once completed, I'll give you a VISIO presentation on what your new routine will do.
You will get an MS SQL Server Job which Rebuilds Indexes Based on Rows and Fragmentation
- Delivery Time 5 days
- Number of Revisions 4
- Number of Queries 8
- Query Debugging
- Query Optimization
- Query Scheduling
- Query Analysis
- Source Code
Fund the project upfront. Kenneth gets paid once you are satisfied with the work.
Project detailsAre you having problems keeping up with index maintenance? Do you wonder why your application is running soo-o-o--o.. slowly? Let me take a look at your MS SQL Indexes. Lack of proper index maintenance or indexing are primary causes of web or application performances. But wait! (Pun) You've got so many of them! How do you keep up with the ones causing the problems?
I'll check your MS SQL indexes and (if necessary) create a routine maintenance job based on fragmentation and table row sizes. The routine will determine if an index rebuild or reorganize is necessary. I'll also suggest "Fill-Factors" and provide an "on-Demand" or scheduled report to view index information in an SSRS report.
- Work with your assigned person to determine which indexes need attention
- Analyze your index structure
- Build and test an index maintenance routine within your UAT environment
- Produce SQL Script which will create and schedule an SQL Agent job for production
- Identify HEAPs!
You'll get Scripts, Jobs, Workflow Diagrams and Reports... (onto your SSRS Server). Maintenance wizard is an option, but its a wizard! [...and you know WIZARDs!]
- 1Analyze Current Index Maintenance Window and Workflow
- 2Inventory Table-Rows, Index-Sizes, and Fragmentation-Growths
I'll use a query to count the number of rows in each of your MS SQL Tables and get the names and sizes of those table's indexes and fields being indexed.
- 3Identify Your Preferences on When and How Maintenance Occurs
After the initial maintenance schedule, I'll research and ask what your preferences you would like the routine to run. i.e. at what percentage will the index be fragmented in order to trigger the routine.
- 4Set Up a Separate Environment for Development
- 5Perform UAT Testing, Deployment Practice & Acquire User Acceptance Sign-Off
- 6Supervise Production Deployment (...as an Observer or Primary Operator)
- 7Design Test and Implement On-Demand and/or Subscription SSRS Reports
- 8Deliver One(1) Week of Observations and Relay Suggestions for Improvements
In this step, I'll setup an email alert which sends an SSRS report station the condition of affected indexes and statistics
- 1At least one hands-on Supervisor (2 hrs. max/day): Your Database Administrator, Application/Web Developer, or Someone who knows the most about your Database or Application. Please attach their responsibilities as it relates to your database Server.
- 2At least one remote support method you'd prefer: Please select at least one from the list.
- 3Max 4 hours/day (after 5pm PST) on your UAT or TEST SQL Server
- 4Proof that your team has performed a full backup of your Production database before final deployment
- 5Proof your team has performed a full backup of your UAT or TEST Database before each time I perform developments or testing
- 6MS SQL Server v2005 or higher
- 7The affected database; stored on a separate (Test) SQL Server. (on a windows server or windows workstation)
Creating data processes using SQL Databases, SSRS and SSIS (VB.NET);
I've a talent for problem analysis, an imagination for project organization/implementation, and an ability to absorb and apply IT related information accordingly.