We are an established provider of managed IT and Big Data solutions. We are growing fast and currently have an opening for a Sr. SQL Server DBA.
In this role, you will be providing proactive database administration and production support for a complex MS SQL Server database environment. This specific environment consists of multiple servers which are part of a complex multi-step ETL process.
For this particular project, we are looking for someone to be available during very specific hours of the week:
• Thursday 7PM-11PM EST
• Friday 7PM-11PM EST
• Saturday 7PM-11PM EST
• Sunday 7PM-11PM EST
The times above correspond to times when the ETL process runs. For this position, you will be required to monitor the process and take resolution steps as necessary.
Availability during hours outside of the time windows above is not required.
• Experience administering complex (enterprise-level) SQL Server environments
• Experience with complex ETL processes
• Hands-on experience developing, debugging and troubleshooting complex SSIS packages
• Experience optimizing complex ETL processes for improved performance and stability
• Experience with T-SQL performance analysis (e.g. execution plans analysis) and tuning
Required SQL Server Skills
• Core database administration skills
• Hands-on experience with ETL, SSIS, data transformation SQL Server jobs
• Excellent understanding of SQL Server performance (waits stats, resource utilization, identification of bottlenecks).
• Advanced T-SQL scripting skills
• SQL Server monitoring scripts/tools/performance baselining
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned Sr. SQL Server DBA to work administering a challenging SQL Server environment remotely.