Find legal experts to give you the guidance you need
Hundreds of independent professionals to help you create, navigate, and translate legal documents; register a trademark; or get general advice.
Specialized legal experts you can count on
Legal projects to help you get what you need, fast
Get advice on all things legal.
Protect your IP with a legal professional who’ll guide you through trademark searches, applications, and registration across just about every territory on the planet.
Create wills, contracts, NDAs, and more.
Get an expert to cut through the legal jargon and give you a crystal clear opinion on exactly what you’re signing up for.
Have any kind of legal documents translated from and into any language you like, with experts who know that every single word matters.
Build an agile workforce that moves faster than the pace of business with Enterprise Suite.
Lawyers with deep expertise
A small business lawyer enabled a quick valuation and exit of an LLC partner
Ben was prompt and clear in communication. He helped to draft a few business legal documents with haste and modifications were quickly executed as well. Highly recommended to all.
Flexera discovers the freedom of the work marketplace
By engaging independent talent, Flexera found the expertise needed to help accelerate its growth. It strengthened its IT system and turned projects around twice as fast. CEO Jim Ryan said this enabled the company to quickly find talent for the breadth of skills needed to keep up with market changes: “They knew exactly what needed to be done, jumped in, and got it done.”
Professionals on Upwork help the world’s best companies with customer service needs.
Customer Service Professional
“I love helping people resolve their issues and/or going out of my way to find answers for people.”
Carlo Angelo O.
Customer Service Manager
“I ensure to treat their concerns with high urgency. I respond right away. That is how I let them feel I value their time well.”
Frequently asked questions
One of the first steps in hiring any talent is to determine which skills you need for your project. You know you need help with legal, but what specific things are you trying to do? Upwork matches you with proven remote talent who can help you with all your needs, including:
- Creating or reviewing contracts and agreements
- Assisting with business formation, like LLCs or C-Corporations
- Registering trademarks or filing for a patent
The cost of your project depends largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to complete your project.
A legal project includes the following:
- Deliverables: What do you need done? Perhaps you need a professional to draft an employment agreement, or negotiation services, or consultations on a business merger or tax law.
- Skills: Identify the skills needed to complete the project (e.g., specialized in mergers and acquisitions or immigration law).
- Project Length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for either an hourly rate or fixed-price contract.
Upwork gives you the flexibility you need to find the right talent for your projects.
- Talent Marketplace: Find and source independent professionals for your projects directly from Upwork’s talent marketplace.
- Project Catalog: Project Catalog is a new way to quickly get started and expand your capabilities through Upwork. From general legal consulting services to contract review and legal writing, projects are predefined for you, so you can get to know talent through a clearly defined project within their expertise, then easily scale up and down as needed.
- SpecializedTeams: Upwork isn’t just for independent contractors; you can also find independent agencies who can help you fill your legal talent gaps with their own professional teams.
When it comes to legal, you may need a multidisciplinary team to handle the various components of your project. Examples of legal professionals you might need for projects include:
- A legal assistant to help answer calls, conduct research, or schedule appointments
- A paralegal to draft court documents and correspondence, summarize record, file documents or maintain files
- An employment and labor law professional to draft employment agreements, or handle employment disputes
- Tax law professional to guide you with various tax laws
- A translation expert who specializes in legal documents
- A general legal consultant to provide advice on any of your legal questions
Upwork is the leading online talent solution for companies looking to scale their teams and get work done. Key advantages for businesses looking to source talent for their legal projects through Upwork include:
- On-Demand Talent: Access to a global talent pool of independent professionals and agencies.
- Transparency: Simplified vetting thanks to freelancer reviews, work history, testimonials, and portfolios.
- Technology: AI-assisted talent matching to help you find the right talent for your needs.
- Flexibility: Hire individuals or agencies to complete any size of project.
- Simplicity: Built-in tools that streamline the onboarding and collaboration with remote teams.