What is a contract law professional?
Contract law professionals are lawyers, paralegals, and legal professionals who support clients with projects or issues surrounding contracts. Contract law professionals are often needed when one or more parties breach agreements that were laid out in a contract, but they also assist with writing strong contracts and reviewing existing contracts.
How do you hire a contract law professional?
You can source contract law professionals on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and background you are looking for in a contract law professional.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview contract law professionals. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of contract law professional you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a contract law professional?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire a contract law professional.
How do you write a contract law professional job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample contract law professional job post titles:
- Contract law professional needed to write a profit-share agreement
- Need a contract law professional to draft a legal agreement for digital marketing services
- LLC seeking a contract law professional to review an operating agreement between partners
An effective contract law professional job post should include:
- Scope of work: From contract writing to legal representation, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a short-term or long-term project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, legal fields, or document management software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Contract law professional job responsibilities
Here are some examples of contract law professional job responsibilities:
- Develop contracts to meet client needs
- Ensure contracts comply with federal and state regulations
- Advise clients of contract terms and update to fit legal needs
- Devise and document an organization’s contract strategy
Contract law professional job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a contract law professional. Here are some examples:
- Background in contract law
- Experience drafting legal documents
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Current state bar certification