Dev and IT experts to scale your org
Hire independent professionals to shorten development cycles, bury backlogs, and drive product growth.
Trusted remote development and IT experts
Development and IT projects for your most pressing work
A mobile presence is a necessity for any business. Get a custom mobile app experience that meets your needs.
Start and grow your Shopify business with ecommerce development projects—from initial store setup to page-speed performance and security enhancements.
Get a WordPress site built from scratch or improve stability, speed, and functionality of your existing site with these WordPress development projects.
Bring your data to life with interactive dashboards, graphs, charts, infographics, and more.
Create breakthrough results and drive operational growth with predictive models, NLP analysis, image detection, and more AI projects.
Protect data and manage cybersecurity risks with penetration testing, vulnerability assessments, compliance audits, and more.
Build an agile workforce that moves faster than the pace of business with Enterprise Suite.
Dev expertise at your fingertips
An iOS/Android developer saved his client money, time, and stress
"Igor has great knowledge in mobile application development [and] always suggests a better and cost-effective solution. Superfast turnaround. Thank you Igor!"
Flexera discovers the freedom of the work marketplace
By engaging independent talent, Flexera found the expertise needed to help accelerate its growth. It strengthened its IT system and turned projects around twice as fast. CEO Jim Ryan said this enabled the company to quickly find talent for the breadth of skills needed to keep up with market changes: “They knew exactly what needed to be done, jumped in, and got it done.”
Professionals on Upwork help the world’s best companies with customer service needs.
Customer Service Professional
“I love helping people resolve their issues and/or going out of my way to find answers for people.”
Carlo Angelo O.
Customer Service Manager
“I ensure to treat their concerns with high urgency. I respond right away. That is how I let them feel I value their time well.”
Discover how you can build a virtual Customer Service team to help unlock new levels of productivity within your organization.
Frequently asked questions
One of the first steps in hiring any talent is to determine which skills you need for your project. Upwork matches you with proven remote talent who can help you with all your development and IT needs, including:
- eCommerce services
- Web development
- VR development
- CMS development
- Salesforce development
The cost of your project depends largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to complete your project.
A development and IT services project includes the following:
- Deliverables: What do you need done? Perhaps you need a professional to develop a WordPress website or create a mobile app.
- Skills: Identify the tech and IT talent needed to complete the project (e.g., security specialist or AR/VR developer).
- Project Length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for either an hourly rate or fixed-price contract.
Upwork gives you the flexibility you need to find the right talent for your development and IT projects.
- Talent Marketplace: Find and source independent professionals for your development and IT projects directly from Upwork’s Talent Marketplace.
- Project Catalog: Project Catalog is a new way to quickly get started and expand your capabilities through Upwork. From WordPress development to cybersecurity and data protection services, projects are predefined for you, so you can get to know talent through a clearly defined project within their expertise, then easily scale up and down as needed.
- Talent Scout: With Talent Scout, our technical recruiters match you with the top 1% of tech talent on Upwork. Hire in less time, with less effort—and with a lot more confidence.
- Specialized Teams: Upwork isn’t just for independent contractors; you can also find independent agencies that can help you fill your development and IT talent gaps with their own professional teams.
When it comes to development and IT, you may need a multidisciplinary team to handle the various components of your project. Examples of professionals you might need for development and IT projects include:
- QA engineer for automated testing
- DevOps engineer to facilitate code releases
- Mobile app developer to build an iOS or Android app
- Salesforce developer to create customized workflows
Upwork is the leading online talent solution for companies looking to scale their teams and get work done. Key advantages for businesses looking to source talent for their development and IT projects through Upwork include:
- On-Demand Talent: Access to a global talent pool of independent professionals and agencies.
- Transparency: Simplified vetting thanks to freelancer reviews, work history, testimonials, and portfolios.
- Technology: AI-assisted talent matching to help you find the right talent for your needs.
- Flexibility: Hire individuals or agencies to complete any size of project.
- Simplicity: Built-in tools that streamline the onboarding and collaboration with remote teams.