How to hire Magento 2 developers
Want to build your own online store? Magento 2 developers can help you set up an online shop with an intuitive admin user interface (UI) for managing your products and orders.
So how do you hire Magento 2 developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Magento 2 consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Magento 2 professionals
As you’re browsing available Magento 2 consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Magento 2 developer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using a CSS preprocessor such as Less).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Magento 2 developer.
How to write an effective Magento 2 job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Magento 2 developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Magento 2 job post should include:
- Scope of work: From custom CSS to database migrations, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain web technologies or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build a custom Magento 2-powered online store? Log in and post your Magento 2 job on Upwork today.
MAGENTO 2 DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Magento 2?
Initially released in 2015, Magento 2 is the successor to the popular content management system (CMS) for ecommerce sites. While the ecommerce platform can be used by non-developers to create a secure online store, Magento developers have the skills to help you build a store that’s truly your own.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Magento 2 professionals:
- Magento 2
- Ecommerce development
- Back-end fundamentals (e.g., MySQL, PHP)
Why hire Magento 2 developers?
The trick to finding top Magento 2 developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to create an online store from scratch? Or will you be migrating an existing store from WooCommerce to Magento 2? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Magento 2 developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Magento 2 developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Magento 2 services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.