How to hire Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialists
Picture the ideal ecommerce website: a streamlined digital storefront with quick load times, secure transactions, and a unified interface for analyzing customer data and customer relationship management (CRM). A Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist can help you set up a performant online store entirely in the cloud.
So how do you hire Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top Salesforce Commerce Cloud consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Salesforce Commerce Cloud professionals
As you’re browsing available Salesforce Commerce Cloud consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist who understands the web technologies powering your online store.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., integrating Salesforce CRM with QuickBooks).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist.
How to write an effective Salesforce Commerce Cloud job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Salesforce Commerce Cloud job post should include:
- Scope of work: From CRM to third-party integrations, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain web technologies or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to launch your Salesforce Commerce Cloud project? Log in and post your Salesforce Commerce Cloud job on Upwork today.
SALESFORCE COMMERCE CLOUD SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is Salesforce Commerce Cloud?
Salesforce Commerce Cloud is a comprehensive B2C and B2B commerce solution that resides entirely on the cloud. It enables users to set up unified buying experiences across all channels including mobile, social, web, and bricks-and-mortar retail.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialists:
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Software developer
- Desired Salesforce technology (e.g., Lightning, Apex, Sales Cloud)
Why hire Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialists?
The trick to finding top Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to set up basic CRM for your digital storefront? Or are you trying to unify your user experience and customer data collection across all your platforms and devices? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Salesforce Commerce Cloud specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Salesforce Commerce Cloud services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.