What is a C++ programmer?
C++ programmers are experts of the C language, the general-purpose, object-oriented version that takes C a step further, and is considered the most powerful language to use in Microsoft’s .NET Framework. When hiring the best C++ programmer, one should ensure the candidate has plenty of experience with a lot of lines of code, and is able to take part in the lifecycle and creation of software that demands high scale and performance.
How do you hire a C++ programmer?
You can source C++ programmer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in C++ programmers.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview C++ programmers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of C++ programmer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a C++ programmer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced C++ programmer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their C++ programming services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by C++ programmers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $30 per hour
- Intermediate: $15 per hour
- Advanced: $150 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a C++ programmer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample C++ programmer job post titles:
- Need systems engineer familiar with C++
- Developer needed who is an expert in the Windows environment
- C++ expert wanted to help us debug software
An effective C++ programmer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From building software applications to reviewing software requirements, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, platforms, or software applications, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
C++ programmer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of C++ programmer job responsibilities:
- Review assigned project requirements and write detailed technical specifications
- Collaborate with QA team to debug, track, test and fix errors as they arise
- Work with customer support to deliver technical solutions for customer IT administrators
C++ programmer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in C++ programmer. Here are some examples:
- Minimum 4 years of C++ development experience
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area of study