What is a Golang developer?
The Go language, often referred to as Golang, is an open-source programming language built for solving problems encountered in complex software infrastructure environments. A Golang developer can help you with programming across large-scale networks or systems. .
How do you hire a Golang developer?
You can source Golang developers on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Golang developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Golang developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Golang developers you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Golang developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Golang developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Golang developer services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by Golang developer on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $25 per hour
- Intermediate: $43 per hour
- Advanced: $90 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Golang developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Golang developer job post titles:
- Chrome extension developer familiar with the Go language
- Need senior back-end developer expert in Golang
- Do you really know Go? We want to hire you
An effective Golang developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From coordinating with solution architects to explaining all technical requirements, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or languages, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Golang developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Golang developer job responsibilities:
- Participate in all requirement-gathering sessions
- Regularly meet with solution architects to design whole application framework
- Identify areas for continuous process improvement
Golang developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a Golang developer. Here are some examples:
- Experience in Go, Python, and Google Cloud development as well as exposure to web servers
- Track record of successfully working on repository management systems such as SVN and GitHub
- Minimum 2 years of senior programming experience, including architecture and high-level design