How to hire HTML developers
A good website is the cornerstone of any digital marketing campaign. If you’re looking for a freelancer who can help you set up a website for your business, an HTML developer can help.
So how do you find HTML development freelancers? What follows are some tips on how you can find top HTML developers on Upwork.
What is an HTML developer?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is like the backbone of a webpage. It lets developers use tags, such as
for paragraphs, to govern how the text, images, video, and page layout are displayed in your browser. HTML developers are simply front-end developers who specialize in HTML.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in HTML development freelancers:
- Experience with the latest HTML specification (HTML5)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design concepts
- HTML templates (e.g. email)
- Front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation
HTML development consultants help businesses set up custom websites and web/email templating systems.
How to shortlist HTML freelancers
As you’re browsing available HTML development consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the freelancers you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want an HTML developer who understands your technology stack and can slide into your web development workflow.
- Past work. While not always available, some developers can point to past projects that speak volumes about their abilities.
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can give you a glimpse at what it’s like to work with a particular developer.
Why do you want to hire HTML developers?
The trick to finding top HTML developers is to identify your needs. Do you need someone to help you set up a landing page for a new product? Or are you looking for someone who can help you automate your emails with HTML templates? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work, and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How to write an effective HTML development job post
With a clear picture of your ideal HTML developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective HTML development job post should include:
- Scope of work: From web page templates to a full-featured website, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a shorter or larger project.
- Background: Translate your HTML development needs into a freelancer profile. If you prefer experience working with certain technologies mention them here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to harness the power of HTML to create custom websites and templates? Log in and post your HTML development job on Upwork today.