What is HTML?
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is the backbone of a web page. It lets developers use tags, such as <p> for paragraphs, to govern how the text, images, video, and page layout are displayed in your browser. HTML developers are simply front-end developers who specialize in HTML.
How do you hire an HTML developer?
You can source HTML development talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an HTML developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview HTML developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of HTML developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an HTML developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions. Learn about the cost to hire HTML developers.
How do you write an HTML development job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample HTML development job post titles:
- HTML developer needed to create landing page templates
- Need custom HTML/CSS for my WordPress website
- Building a website with HTML5
An effective HTML developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From HTML templates to full-featured websites, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, web technologies, or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
HTML developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of HTML developer job responsibilities:
- Build web pages and templates with HTML and CSS
- Write testable, scalable, and well-documented code
- Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to deliver quality web content
HTML developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an HTML developer. Here are some examples:
- Experience with the latest HTML specification (HTML5)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design concepts
- HTML templates (e.g., email, web pages)
- Front-end frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation