rebuildingsociety.com operates a crowdfunding platform that allows businesses to create a loan application and for investors to add funds and lend them to applications, in exchange for interest payments.
We use the technology to provide websites to 'White Label Partners' who pay us to set up and maintain websites for them.
We need a skilled CSS Designer-Developer to work as a freelancer (working from home from any location) to support our existing team.
The candidate will need:
- Good experience working with git as this is the only way to access the code.
- To run development environment (Wordpress) on his/her own computer.
Much of the time you will be given a PSD (Photoshop design) from which you will be expected to code an exact replica, using images, CSS and HTML5. Often you will have a base template to work from.
Main responsibilities include:
- Creating HTML5 valid CSS templates from a Photoshop design
- Working with WordPress templates and themes
- Editing images using Photoshop / GIMP
- Using Git to collaborate effectively with the team when building sites
Required Technical Skills:
- Must have experience with creating a few sites (please provide examples with your application)
- Must pass the following tests (these will be provided online as part of the recruitment process): HTML 5, CSS 3, Wordpress Test
- The ideal candidate should be also able to pass the following tests too: PHP5, LAMP, jquery, AJAX
- High standard of English, both written and spoken
- Experience of working in a development team would be an advantage, as not all sites will be built from scratch and there will be occasions when it is necessary to edit code written by other people. Working with version control solutions such as Git is also required.
Required Personal Skills:
- An intelligent problem solver, attentive to details, patient, well organised with excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, as a freelancer meeting tight deadlines, as well as a part of a team
- Must be a loyal, hardworking individual with good references
The freelance CSS Designer-Developer will work remotely as a freelance member of our team. He / She may work at home at any location. A PC and reliable high speed broadband Internet connection will be required.
Latina America only. Please do not apply if you are not based in Latin America as you will not be considered for position. Thank you.