Seeking a social media ninja who genuinely enjoys interacting with members building engaged communities!
See attachment for full job description.
WHO WE ARE
FinanceBuzz.io is a rapidly growing site that educates the millennial audience about personal finance, travel, entrepreneurship, and more. Our goal is to make finance fun!
We’re HQed in Delray Beach, FL, but have an amazing, distributed global team.
As Social Media/Community Building Manager, you’ll reach millions of readers and help direct the growth of one of the Internet’s fastest growing publishing sites.
Ideally, you will have extensive knowledge about credit cards, loyalty programs and personal finance with a significant interest in travel. You will also be excited to research and answer reader questions if you aren't sure of the answer (see attachment for examples).
The successful candidate is inherently passionate about social media. You’re open and excited to be on video for Facebook Live events to help grow our brand and member engagement. You genuinely care about people and have an innate desire to help others.
Most of our members are novice in their understanding of credit cards and personal finance; others have more expertise in “point hacking” and rewards programs.
Your goal will be to interact with both these groups on our site and various social platforms in a relatable and engaging way.
You should have strong knowledge and/or genuine interest in credit cards, credit card reward programs, entrepreneurship, technology, travel, careers, and real estate.
You’ll work very closely with our executive team and Managing Editor to ensure consistent brand voice and to develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated to master their role and expand their responsibilities by observing and understanding the business as a whole.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Ideally 1+ years of hands-on work experience in digital marketing and/or community-building
• Excellent research skills and ability to breakdown difficult concepts into easy to understand content
• High technical aptitude in all things Internet and social media: Facebook, Facebook Groups, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Snapchat. You’re always “in the know” on the latest social platforms and new features
• Great on-camera presence and personality; willing to appear in video and act as brand spokesperson
• Extreme attention to detail and outspoken advocate for compliance with card issuer rules
• Passionate about our members and helping them in their current financial situation
• Very comfortable in Excel, PowerPoint and ability to effectively present analysis
• Problem solver; you’re always up for a new challenge or new initiative
• Optimistic attitude and resourcefulness
• Highly organized; you take notes and don’t need to be told twice what to do
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Desire to learn and ultimately manage a team underneath you
• Proactive; if the team has an idea, you’re 110% excited for trying it out as soon as possible
This is a truly exciting opportunity for someone who loves credit card points hacking and engaging with members. Full time/long-term opportunities could be available for the right candidate. Ultimately, we're looking for a long-term relationship where we can invest in your growth and training.
Our team was founded with remote work in mind. We communicate via Slack and Google Hangouts daily and expect you to be a vocal, motivating and proactive leader of our close-knit team!
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
Let us know! Submit the following information and we will get back to you.
*Please note that only fully completed applications will be considered.
Part A: Introduce Yourself on Video (90 seconds or less)
Send us a YouTube link or video file telling us a little about yourself and:
1. Why you're qualified for this role
2. Why this role and a startup environment appeal to you
3. Where you would like to see yourself in 3 years
4. What your passions/hobbies are outside of work
Part B: Answer the Following In a Brief Cover Letter
1. Which social media sites are you active on, and to what extent? Provide links to your profiles.
2. What are 3 online communities you like? Add a brief description why.
3. What do you see as a potential challenge for you in this role?
4. Pitch 3 ideas for short, live videos you think would resonate with our audience.
Part C: Show Us Your Writing Style
1. Attach two short writing samples:
(1) your choice of personal, professional, academic, blog post
(2) - a writing sample that shows your ability to relate to peers in the 25-34 age group
2. Provide a screenshot of your results from this speed-typing exercise. http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english