FINANCIAL PRESENTATION SPECIALISTS
What is a financial presentation?
Financial presentation is an art where the presentation specialist must deliver data-heavy information in a concise and engaging way.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in financial presentation professionals:
- Financial presentation
- Presentation design
- Financial expertise (e.g., investment banking, real estate)
Why do you want to hire financial presentation specialists?
The trick to finding top financial presentation specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find someone to turn economic statistics and customer success stories into a pitch deck your sales team can use on B2B clients? Or do you need help presenting quarterly financial forecasts to stakeholders and executives? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE FINANCIAL PRESENTATION SPECIALISTS
Whether you need pitch decks, sales reports, or financial forecasts, financial presentation specialists can turn your data and insights into engaging financial presentations.
So how do you hire financial presentation specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top financial presentation specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist financial presentation professionals
As you’re browsing available financial presentation consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a financial presentation specialist who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to present data to your target audience.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., creating data visuals in Excel and importing them into PowerPoint).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular financial presentation specialist.
How to write an effective financial presentation job post
With a clear picture of your ideal financial presentation specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective financial presentation job post should include:
- Scope of work: From data visuals to presentation slides, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or presentation tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create engaging financial presentations? Log in and post your financial presentation job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING FINANCIAL PRESENTATION SPECIALISTS
How much does it cost to hire a financial presentation specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced financial presentation specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their financial presentation services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a financial presentation specialist to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long it takes to create a financial presentation, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track. Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding financial presentation projects. For example, designing simple charts in Excel for a weekly financial report will typically take less time than creating highly polished data visuals for an investor pitch deck.
What are the steps involved to hire financial presentation specialists?
Here’s how to hire financial presentation consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s quarterly earnings reports or sales presentations.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., turn market research and business intelligence into a pitch deck targeting investors).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential financial presentation specialists for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., graphic design expertise for creating polished data visuals).
- Interview financial presentation talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project.