What is personnel recruitment?
Personnel recruitment is the process of attracting, shortlisting, interviewing, and hiring talent.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in personnel recruitment professionals:
- Personnel recruitment
- Human resources (HR)
- Job boards (e.g., Indeed, Monster)
- Talent acquisition platforms (e.g., LinkedIn Talent, SmartRecruiters, UltiPro)
Why do you want to hire personnel recruiters?
The trick to finding top personnel recruiters is to identify your needs. Is your goal to find an HR representative to guide prospects through your recruitment funnel? Will they also need to be familiar with any recruitment software such as iCIMS Recruit? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE PERSONNEL RECRUITERS
From posting to job boards to scheduling interviews, personnel recruiters can help you find and recruit talent to add to your team.
So how do you hire personnel recruiters? What follows are some tips for finding top personnel recruiters on Upwork.
How to shortlist personnel recruitment professionals
As you’re browsing available personnel recruitment consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a personnel recruiter who understands your industry so they can help you source top talent relevant to your needs.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using an applicant tracking system such as Taleo).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular personnel recruiter.
How to write an effective personnel recruitment job post
With a clear picture of your ideal personnel recruiter in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective personnel recruitment job post should include:
- Scope of work: From writing job posts to scheduling interviews, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, job boards, or HR tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to recruit talented personnel to your organization? Log in and post your personnel recruitment job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING PERSONNEL RECRUITERS
How much does it cost to hire a personnel recruiter?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced personnel recruiter may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their personnel recruitment services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a personnel recruiter to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long you will need a personnel recruiter, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding personnel recruitment projects. For example, recruiting customer service representatives for a call center is typically less involved than hiring developers.
What are the steps involved to hire personnel recruiters?
Here’s how to hire personnel recruitment consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s screening resumes or preparing applicants for interviews.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., write job posts, screen resumes, and compile shortlists of candidates to interview).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential personnel recruiters for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., experience recruiting full stack developers).
- Interview personnel recruitment talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project.