HOW TO HIRE STRIPE DEVELOPERS
From ecommerce to subscription services to crowdfunding campaigns, it’s important to provide a reliable and secure way for your customers to make payments for your products and services. A Stripe developer can help you set up a secure online payment gateway for your web app.
So how do you hire Stripe developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Stripe development consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Stripe professionals
As you’re browsing available Stripe consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Stripe developer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., integrating Stripe with a Python-powered app).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Stripe developer.
How to write an effective Stripe job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Stripe developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Stripe job post should include:
- Scope of work: From custom payment forms to full-featured payment gateways, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, web technologies, or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build your own custom payment solutions with Stripe? Log in and post your Stripe job on Upwork today.
STRIPE DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Stripe?
Stripe is a suite of online payment APIs (application programming interfaces). With Stripe APIs you can set up marketplaces, recurring billing systems, and payment gateways.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Stripe professionals:
- Web design and development
- Ecommerce apps
Why hire Stripe developers?
The trick to finding top Stripe developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to build your own shopping cart solution with Stripe? Or do you need someone with experience integrating Stripe with Shopify stores? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Stripe developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Stripe developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Stripe development services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.