Graphic Designer Part-Time / Full-Time – Work Remotely, Chicago IL
This is a part-time / full-time opportunity for a graphic designer in a virtual / remote office environment. The successful candidate will be joining a Chicago-based marketing firm with a diverse book of clients and will need to apply principles of graphic design, front-end web design, and have a basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization and Online Marketing to improve the development of all marketing projects.
Required Skill Set:
• Must be an independent, motivated, self-starter, with an exceptional eye for detail.
• Problem solving with simple, creative ideas that communicate concepts and information through design elements.
• Ability to work full-time (40 hrs) or part-time (20 hrs) remotely with high-speed internet, cell phone, software, and computer.
• Must have your own computer with at least 1TB of free hard drive space.
• Must be able to work in DropBox.
• Must have Suitcase Fusion for font management.
• Must have latest version of Adobe Creative Suite.
• Need to have the ability to meet deadlines.
Design for web, mobile, social, email, and print within the creative parameters given, continually pushing the direction forward with fresh ideas.
Pay range is commensurate with experience. Job includes full time 40 hour week, or part-time 20 hour week, with end of year bonuses.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Adobe Creative Suite *Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, & Dreamweaver (Must have latest version of software).
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline.
• 2+ years of creative experience (ad agency or client side experience).
• Strong background in visual and digital design (web).
• Strong background in print design (must know how to correctly set-up files for print, IE: Postscript fonts, higher resolution, smart objects, CMYK color, etc.)
• Ability to work 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday in a virtual environment with high degree of autonomy (Central Time Zone).
• Team player with excellent communication skills & the ability to follow instructions.
• Highly organized and able to execute on creative briefings on time.
• Strong comfort level and flexibility for a design process that needs refinements and changes frequently.
Please forward a resume, portfolio, realistic salary requirements, and no more than 4 bullet points as to why you are the right candidate for this remote Graphic Designer position. Please embed a link to your recent work portfolio. Applicants will not be considered without a portfolio.