Position: Lead Software Developer (Variable ongoing hours - May require on call immediate support to resolve customer impacting issues fast during business hours)
We are looking for a talented Lead Developer to build great things with us. An expert well versed in full stack web application development who is capable of front and back end development. Must be comfortable working with a variety of technologies and frameworks including Java Script, HTML, CSS as well as MySQL, Twitter Bootstrap, and Code Igniter.
We are deploying and enhancing our initial SaaS application based on market needs and are looking for a full stack developer to play a lead role in our team. Our team is small, nimble and results driven – this is a position for a confident, self-starting senior developer looking to take ownership of a broad range of tasks who is comfortable in a startup environment.
• Maintenance of existing code base and resolving customer impacting issues fast.
• Successful candidate will advise on the evolution of the product road map and development of enhanced features for our web-based software product.
• Automate everything: development, continuous integration, auto-scaling, sales integration, reporting, monitoring alerting – anything we can automate, we will.
• Experience with MySQL and integrating with third-party APIs
• Using GitHub for version control and issue tracking
• Able to produce rapid prototypes, POCs and prod ready applications equally well
• Mobile/responsive web application development experience
• Standardization of test/dev and prod environments on a managed VPS environment
• Own the process of creating, testing, scaling and deploying code – having a direct impact on the features that our customers depend on to run their businesses.
• Investigate reliability issues and work directly with the sales, product team and customers to deploy accurate fixes as expediently as possible.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Loves developing on a LAMP stack and passionate about software development
• Is highly self-motivated, ambitious and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Takes pride in delivering high quality products with a high degree of ownership
• Able to work remotely, maintaining a high work load without sacrificing quality
• Experienced working with web based application frameworks
• Track record of developing/refining innovative responsive UIs for web applications
• Proven track record of developing reliable and scalable back/front end systems
• Experience in creating, integrating and managing APIs
The reason you want to join us is that you are an amazing developer, you’re willing to work hard and you want to make decisions that impact the business. If something’s complicated, you simplify it, if it’s simple, you excel at it; if it’s mundane, you automate it – see the big picture and write software used to solve real business problems.