What is a bot developer?
A bot is a particular software, program, or application used to automate certain activities that might be originally handled by many individuals. A bot developer can help clients or organizations create artificial intelligence-powered bots that execute specific commands for marketing, customer support, communications and gaming.
How do you hire a bot developer?
You can source bot developer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a bot developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview bot developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of bot developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a bot developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced bot developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their bot developer services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a bot developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample bot developer job post titles:
- Bot developer needed to create large scale company bot
- Online customer support company needs bot developer to create AI-enabled agents
- Company looking for developer who can create social media bots programmed to increase online traffic
An effective bot developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From developing software to incorporating AI, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or platforms, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Bot developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of bot developer job responsibilities:
- Create a chatbot that interacts with social media followers
- Design, develop, implement, and test applications for subsidiaries using machine learning algorithms
- Use Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services and Python to create bots for company’s operations
Bot developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in bot developer. Here are some examples:
- Minimum 5 years experience programming bots and related software applications
- Ability to review and simplify code as needed to eliminate errors