DIGITAL AD CAMPAIGN MANAGERS
What is a digital ad campaign?
A digital ad campaign is a specific push to promote a product, service, or event with clearly scoped steps and objectives. Digital ad campaign managers can help you discover your target audience and launch a multichannel advertising campaign to generate leads for your business.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in digital ad campaign professionals:
- Digital ad campaign management
- Digital marketing strategy
- Advertising platforms (e.g., Google Ads, Facebook Ads, AdSense)
Why do you want to hire digital ad campaign managers?
The trick to finding top digital ad campaign managers is to identify your needs. Do you need a PPC (pay-per-click) expert to help you bid on the keywords that will bring you qualified leads? Or are you seeking a social media professional to help you post ads to multiple social media channels? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE DIGITAL AD CAMPAIGN MANAGERS
Digital advertising is about reaching leads where they increasingly spend a majority of their time: the Internet. Whether it’s through paid search, social media advertising, or web banner ads, digital ad campaign managers are here to help.
So how do you hire digital ad campaign managers? What follows are some tips for finding top digital ad campaign managers on Upwork.
How to shortlist digital ad campaign professionals
As you’re browsing available digital ad campaign consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a digital ad campaign manager who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., running an email ad campaign via Mailchimp).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular digital ad campaign manager.
How to write an effective digital ad campaign job post
With a clear picture of your ideal digital ad campaign manager in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective digital ad campaign job post should include:
- Scope of work: From audience segmentation to ad retargeting, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or marketing channels, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to launch your own digital ad campaign? Log in and post your digital ad campaign job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING DIGITAL AD CAMPAIGN MANAGERS
How much does it cost to hire a digital ad campaign manager?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced digital ad campaign manager may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their digital ad campaign services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a digital ad campaign manager to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long it takes to launch a digital ad campaign, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for more-demanding digital ad campaign projects. For example, advertising through a single channel such as Facebook Ads will take less time than also managing campaigns on Google Ads and AdSense.
What are the steps involved to hire digital ad campaign managers?
Here’s how to hire digital ad campaign consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s PPC advertising or ad automation.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., producing ad content for the Facebook news feed).
- Review proposals and shortlist potential digital ad campaign managers for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., managing web traffic via Google Analytics).
- Interview digital ad campaign talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project.