How to hire financial projection specialists
Financial projection plays an important role in business planning and accounting. Whether you need help forecasting cash flows, expense budgets, or sales, financial projection specialists are here to help.
So how do you hire financial projection specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top financial projection specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist financial projection professionals
As you’re browsing available financial projection consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a financial projection specialist who understands the nuances of making financial predictions in your industry.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., creating an expense budget for a construction project).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular financial projection specialist.
How to write an effective financial projection job post
With a clear picture of your ideal financial projection specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for an independent contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective financial projection job post should include:
- Scope of work: From forecasting budgets to sales, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or accounting tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to chart a course to your desired financial future with accurate financial projections? Log in and post your financial projection job on Upwork today.
FINANCIAL PROJECTION SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is financial projection?
Financial projection is the practice of forecasting future revenues and expenses. It typically involves using financial data and market research to create predictive financial models.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in financial projection professionals:
- Financial projection
- Financial modeling
- Financial planning
- Financial forecasting
Why hire financial projection specialists?
The trick to finding top financial projection specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to forecast monthly sales for the coming year? Or are you trying to create a projected expense budget to meet the targets you’ve set for a particular project?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a financial projection specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced financial projection specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their financial projection services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.