What is Lumion?
Lumion is a user-friendly 3D rendering tool made for architects and designers. Architects use architectural renderings to show what a real-estate project will look like when it’s finished. Lumion lets you add features to your designs such as materials, skies, land, and water to show what your project will look like in its finished environment.
How do you hire a Lumion designer?
You can source Lumion talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in Lumion designers.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Lumion designers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Lumion designer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Lumion designer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Lumion designer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Lumion design services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Lumion job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Lumion job post titles:
- Lumion designer needed to render a golf course
- Need help creating landscape renders with Lumion
- Need architectural renders in Lumion for a waterfront development project
An effective Lumion job post should include:
- Scope of work: From architectural renders to concept art, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, architectural styles, or design tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Lumion designer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Lumion designer job responsibilities:
- Collaborate with architects and designers to create compelling project visualizations
- Import CAD models into Lumion to create architectural renderings
- Polish renderings for stakeholder review with visual elements such as skies, trees, and landscapes
Lumion designer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a Lumion designer. Here are some examples:
- 3D modeling and design
- Architectural rendering
- Complimentary architecture design tools (e.g., V-Ray, SketchUp, Revit)