I am prolific inventor with about 100 granted utility patents with IP valued at approximately $57 Million U.S. Dollars. Some of those inventions have been successfully commercial have a broad set of technical skills paired with excellent interpersonal skills.
My career includes several years of successful engagements with a as a client-facing consultant for various industries. My clients and employers have included NASA, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Energy, NV Energy, British Petroleum, Halliburton Energy Services, ExxonMobil, BNSF Railways, Queensland Gas Company, Cardinal Health, Accenture, Methodist Hospital, and other organizations.
RELEVANT RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
• Halliburton Applied Photonics Center – About 100 Granted Patents and 100+ Pending Patents
• Halliburton Applied Photonics Center – Discovered New Law of Fluid Mechanics based on acoustics and machine learning that is published as a 23-page paper (SPE-179151)
• Halliburton – Successfully commercialized inventions now used for downhole flow monitoring of multiphase fluids during hydraulic fracturing
• Accenture – Successfully developed & commercially deployed A.I. models to accurately predict behaviors of millions of their customers. The project was a "big data" IT environment
I am a Physicist. I have earned the following degrees:
• Doctoral degree in experimental atomic physics from Rice University. May 2003. GPA: 3.8/4.0. Thesis Title: "Wavepacket Studies Using Quasi-One-Dimensional Rydberg Atoms: Phase-Space Localization and Chaos."
• Master’s degree in experimental nuclear physics from Rice University. May 1998. GPA: 3.8/4.0. Thesis Title: "Design, Construction, and Commissioning of the Time-of-Flight Detector for the Brookhaven National Laboratory Alternating Gradient Synchrotron Experiment 896."
• Bachelor’s degree in Physics from Georgia Tech. June 1994. GPA: 3.8/4.0. Certificate in Economics. Successfully completed a work-study program called Co-operative Education for 2 years at the Department of Energy Oak Ridge National Laboratory and the Y-12 National Security Complex.
• Two years as a volunteer tutor of Physics & Mathematics for a Combat Veteran of the United States Marine Corps.
• Five semesters teaching Rice University freshman physics labs.
OTHER NOTEWORTHY ACTIVITIES:
I actively participated (volunteer role, by invitation only) as their aerodynamics atmospheric reentry expert with Red Bull on Project Stratos on their goal of setting the world record for the highest skydive from the stratosphere at the edge of outer space. That goal was successfully and safely accomplished and set 4 new world records, including freefalling faster than the speed of sound.
TECHNICAL SKILLS BACKGROUND:
I have a broad array of technical skills, and I am current on many of those skills. I have invented many new types of sensors including one now in use by the U.S. Navy. That same sensor system in use by the U.S. Navy is the pinnacle big data sensor that held the World Record in 2013 for big data complex event processing (tens of petabytes per day).
A few of my inventions have been successfully commercialized as a major revenue stream by a major international corporation in their core business.
I have extensive hands-on expertise in five broad areas of Software, Simulations, Sensors, Lab Techniques, and Project Management:
1) Programming and Coding (MATLAB, C, FORTRAN, Simulink, Python, Assembly, R, PAW, COMIS, Java, etc.), Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Data Dashboard Animations, GUIs, Movie creations, Computer vision, Video enhancement, Digital Forensics
2) Monte Carlo simulations
3) Sensors, Radar, Sonar, Lidar, Photonics, Acoustics, Hydraulics, Nuclear, Lasers (free-space, fiber, gas, ion, dye, solid-state), RF and Microwave (VHF to Ku), Spread Spectrum, Communications & Telemetry, Microcontrollers, and Magnetometry, Antenna design, Data Acquisition Hardware & Software, Digital and Analog Circuitry, Spectrum Analyzers, Design of experiments
4) Design, Construction/Build of Scientific Equipment, Hardware Manufacturing, Machine Shop Skills (Using Mills and Lathes), Soldering, Brazing, Plumbing, Vacuum systems
5) Completed 1-year of MBA coursework at Rice University, Project Management Institute training courses, 4-years experience as a Client-facing Management Consulting, Numerous Awards from NASA and other organizations for teamwork & leading teams, Inventing, Success with the TRL process from Product Development, Intellectual property, Soft skills, Legal, Organizational psychology, Communications, Conflict resolution, Seed funding, and Sales
Digital Signal Processing