PSD TO HTML CONVERSION SPECIALISTS
What is a PSD to HTML converter?
A PSD to HTML converter is any software that can convert PSD (Photoshop Document) files to HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). This conversion most often comes up when someone wants to convert a web layout design from PSD to HTML.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in PSD to HTML conversion professionals:
- PSD to HTML conversion
- Web design and development
- Adobe Photoshop
- UI/UX design
Why do you want to hire PSD to HTML conversion specialists?
The trick to finding top PSD to HTML conversion specialists is to identify your needs. Is your goal to use software to slice a layout design into images that can be loaded via HTML and CSS? Or do you want a developer to take a high fidelity PSD mockup and manually recreate it with HTML and CSS? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
HOW TO HIRE PSD TO HTML CONVERSION SPECIALISTS
It’s possible to take a high fidelity mockup in PSD, slice it up into UI elements, and style your website with these visual elements via a combination of HTML and CSS.
So how do you hire PSD to HTML conversion specialists? What follows are some tips for finding top PSD to HTML conversion specialists on Upwork.
How to shortlist PSD to HTML conversion professionals
As you’re browsing available PSD to HTML conversion consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want a PSD to HTML conversion specialist who understands the web technologies behind your app.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using PSDTOWEB).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular PSD to HTML conversion specialist.
How to write an effective PSD to HTML conversion job post
With a clear picture of your ideal PSD to HTML conversion specialist in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a freelancer to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective PSD to HTML conversion job post should include:
- Scope of work: From using PSD to HTML converters to manually developing web layouts from mockups, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to convert your PSD layouts into functioning webpages? Log in and post your PSD to HTML conversion job on Upwork today.
FAQS FOR HIRING PSD TO HTML CONVERSION SPECIALISTS
How much does it cost to hire a PSD to HTML conversion specialist?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced PSD to HTML conversion specialist may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their PSD to HTML conversion more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How long should you contract a PSD to HTML conversion specialist to complete your project?
As difficult as it is to estimate how long it takes to turn a mockup into a website, budgeting time is very important to keeping your project on track.
Be prepared to budget more time for complex web designs. For example, creating a static web page from a simple PSD layout will typically take less time than creating a dynamic single page app (SPA) from scratch.
What are the steps involved to hire PSD to HTML conversion specialists?
Here’s how to hire PSD to HTML conversion consultants in four simple steps:
- Identify your project needs, whether it’s generating HTML templates from PSD or building a site from scratch.
- Define the scope of work and write a detailed job post. Be specific about deliverables (e.g., using PSD 2 CSS Online to turn a high fidelity mockup into a style sheet.)
- Review proposals and shortlist potential PSD to HTML conversion specialists for unique skills needed to bring your project to life (e.g., creating a dynamic front end with React).
- Interview PSD to HTML conversion talent to gauge whether they’re the right fit for your project. Here are some sample interview questions.