We are looking for a Network & System Engineer with strong skills in terms of application management. Successful candidates understand that their job goes far beyond patching the OS. Of course, you have to do proper maintenance, BUT your main job is being a technical facilitator and an IT-architect who knows how to apply state-of-the-art technology on a practical level. Your duty is enabling application developers and business operations to fully benefit from the IT-infrastructure. As our Network & System Engineer you will make sure that hardware and software get aligned correctly TOGETHER with the ever-changing requirements of application services and users.
Your professional approach MUST include the following attributes:
- Commitment to highest quality standards and best practice techniques
- Proficiency in setting up, installing, and configuring networks and systems
- Acquainted with the concept of development environment vs live production
- Ability to set up, install, and configure applications in support of our dev team
- IT-Security awareness with regards to vulnerabilities of infrastructure and applications
- Readiness to communicate with project managers and lead developers over voice daily
- Knowledge on how to explain complicated technical matters to non-tech biz managers
- Excellent writing, drawing & documentation skills to keep our WIKI up-to-date
- Willingness to keep our infrastructure tidy and organized
- Competence regarding secure credentials management
- Appreciation of manual end-to-end tests (DIY)
- Know-how concerning ethical hacking
Experience required related to networks and systems:
Domain Name Systems
SAN & NAS Storage
XCA Certificate and Key Management
Virtual Firewalls and Application Service Management
Experience required related to software engineering, applications, and operations:
Team Password Manager
Requirements in terms of availability & approachability:
We maintain a proprietary agile development workflow requiring team members to communicate the status of their tasks in daily stand-up conference calls at 10h or 11h Central European Time. The daily stand up call takes about 15 minutes from Mo-Fr, and is done via Skype. Therefore, English language skills in speech and writing are vital. Chat messaging is not sufficient. In addition, we host acceptance meetings, sprint planning meetings, backlog grooming meetings on a weekly basis. Each of these meetings may take around 1h. You may have to participate in one of these meetings upon request. Furthermore, we allow time for 1-on-1 sessions between team members. You will have to perform 1-on-1-sessions with other team members on a regular basis. Most importantly, you will have to participate in the stand-up calls on a daily basis. Overall, your engagement will be at least 20h per week during our regular office hours, hence, you cannot do this job on the side in the evenings or whatsoever.
Requirements in terms of the selection process:
Kindly note the below if you want your bid to be considered for an interview:
1. Read the entire job description before you apply because we are looking for an engineer who pays attention to details and is willing to read resp. capable of writing regardless how technically perfect he/she is otherwise.
2. Write a formal cover letter addressing the content mentioned in our job description.
3. Answer the 5 screening questions in written and meaningfully.
4. Send us your CV as a PDF-attachment.
5. Do not drop us chat-messages with random questions, however, we value any courtesy-note combined with a proper application and will reply in due course.
We will consider your offer if and only if you follow the instructions outlined here.
Looking forward to contact you in case your application gets shortlisted.