I have 2 projects that need the help of a talented programmer.
1) The first application involves fairly complex user logic in Rails. You will need to have experience with OAuth-based logins, sending and receiving emails using message templates, AJAX type rendering, and in general best practices for how to write, clean, usable, testable code in Rails. It's also important that you understand how to make an app usable, and not build "stupid, hard to use" UI. We have an app now, but we're going through and refining it. You will be a part of making that happen.
2) The second app is a mobile messaging application. 100% SMS based today, the app is used by non-profits to help with various projects. The app, while simple needs some improvements of anonymous chat rooms and a few other features. And, we could build native clients for this (IOS Android) in the future.
The right person has another gig, but can contribute 10-15 hours a week to this project (after a 40-80 hour push for training and some cleanup). We have ongoing issues and maintenance we need to do for this app.
We also run a full web shop. If you are looking for full time, we can discuss that as well.
To be considered, please answer the following question.
1) What is your favorite fruit and why?
2) Have you worked with OAuth in Rails before in a multi-user, multi-project context? Tell me how.
3) Have you worked with sending emails on behalf of users, using their email accounts (Multi-SMTP)?
4) Have you built a system using message templates?
I am looking to move on this fast. So, please get your resume in if you're interested.