How to hire ARKit specialists
ARKit developers can help you create immersive AR experiences that users can enjoy through the cameras of their iOS devices.
So how do you hire ARKit developers? What follows are some tips for finding top ARKit developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist ARKit professionals
As you’re browsing available ARKit consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Technology fit. You want an ARKit developer who understands the technologies needed to bring your AR project to life.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., designing 3D character models for an AR game).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular ARKit developer.
How to write an effective ARKit job post
With a clear picture of your ideal ARKit developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for an independent professional to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective ARKit job post should include:
- Scope of work: From ads to video games, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, technologies, or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to create your own AR-powered apps? Log in and post your ARKit job on Upwork today.
ARKIT SPECIALISTS FAQ
What is ARKit?
ARKit is Apple’s augmented reality (AR) app development platform for iOS devices. AR involves superimposing computer-generated content over a real-world environment.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in ARKit professionals:
- UI/UX design for AR
- iOS development (e.g., Swift, Objective-C, Xcode)
- 3D modeling and design tools (e.g., 3ds Max, Unreal Engine, Unity)
Why hire ARKit developers?
The trick to finding top ARKit developers is to identify your needs. Are you trying to create a try-on app that lets users preview eyeglasses superimposed over their selfies? Or is your goal to create an AR video game similar to Pokémon Go?
The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire an ARKit developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced ARKit developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their ARKit services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.