How to hire Flutter developers
Imagine writing code once that will run with native performance on iOS, Android, Fuchsia, desktop, and the web? Flutter allows developers to do just that. While some API development will still be required for each platform, the amount of custom code required for cross-platform development is greatly reduced.
So how do you hire Flutter developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Flutter consultants on Upwork.
How to shortlist Flutter professionals
As you’re browsing available Flutter consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the professionals you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Industry fit. You want a Flutter developer who understands your industry so they can help you figure out how best to reach your target market.
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using Flutter with Android devices).
- Feedback Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Flutter developer.
How to write an effective Flutter job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Flutter developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Flutter job post should include:
- Scope of work: From building reusable widgets to cross-platform apps, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain technologies or developer tools, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build cross-platform performant apps for mobile, desktop, and web? Log in and post your Flutter job on Upwork today.
FLUTTER DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Flutter?
Flutter is a UI (user interface) toolkit for building natively compiled cross-platform apps from a single codebase. Developed by Google, the Flutter toolkit uses Dart, Google’s Skia graphics library, and C++.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Flutter professionals:
- Software development (e.g, mobile, web, desktop)
- Programming languages Dart and C++
Why hire Flutter developers?
The trick to finding top Flutter developers is to identify your needs. Is your goal to save time on a cross-platform launch by building your app with a single codebase through Flutter? Or are you trying to build a modern mobile app that will run on Google’s Fuchsia OS? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Flutter developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Flutter developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product.
- A freelancer who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Flutter development services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.