How to hire Firebase developers
Want to build a mobile app? A Firebase developer can help you quickly set up a robust cloud-based back end for your mobile app.
So how do you hire Firebase developers? What follows are some tips for finding top Firebase developers on Upwork.
How to shortlist Firebase professionals
As you’re browsing available Firebase consultants, it can be helpful to develop a shortlist of the contractors you may want to interview. You can screen profiles on criteria such as:
- Platform fit. You want a Firebase developer who understands how to use Firebase with your mobile ecosystem of choice (e.g., Android or iOS).
- Project experience. Screen candidate profiles for specific skills and experience (e.g., using AngularFire to integrate Firebase features with your Angular project).
- Feedback. Check reviews from past clients for glowing testimonials or red flags that can tell you what it’s like to work with a particular Firebase developer.
How to write an effective Firebase job post
With a clear picture of your ideal Firebase developer in mind, it’s time to write that job post. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
An effective Firebase job post should include:
- Scope of work: From unit testing to adding analytics to your mobile app, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain mobile platforms, SDKs, or technologies, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Ready to build a Firebase-powered mobile app? Log in and post your Firebase job on Upwork today.
FIREBASE DEVELOPERS FAQ
What is Firebase?
Firebase is a Google-backed mobile app development platform. It’s known to the developer community as a back end as a service (BaaS) platform because it greatly simplifies mobile back-end development.
Here’s a quick overview of the skills you should look for in Firebase consultants:
- Firebase SDKs
- Mobile app development
- Mobile ecosystems (e.g., iOS and Android)
- Back-end development
Why do you want to hire Firebase developers?
The trick to finding top Firebase developers is to identify your needs. Are you building a mobile app and want to set up a cloud-based, real-time NoSQL database with Cloud Firestore? Or will you be extending your app’s functionality with an event-driven back end via Cloud Functions? The cost of your project will depend largely on your scope of work and the specific skills needed to bring your project to life.
How much does it cost to hire a Firebase developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Firebase developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more specialized areas of expertise, and deliver a higher-quality product with fewer bugs.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Firebase development more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.