What is a Salesforce developer?
A Salesforce developer builds applications that increase Salesforce’s functionality, whether through internal apps that increase business efficiency or external apps designed for listing on AppExchange. Salesforce is a customer relationship management platform that unifies all departments in an organization under the goal of customer satisfaction.
How do you hire a Salesforce developer?
You can source Salesforce developer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in a Salesforce developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview Salesforce developer. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of Salesforce developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire a Salesforce developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced Salesforce developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their Salesforce developer services more competitively.
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write a Salesforce developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample Salesforce developer job post titles:
- Looking for a Salesforce developer for custom UI build and database migration
- Salesforce developer needed for object automation and enhancement
- Need a Salesforce developer for building dashboards, updating reports, SF cleanup, and changing page layouts
An effective Salesforce developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From user authentication to scalability, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries, software, or data science, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
Salesforce developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of Salesforce developer job responsibilities:
- Design, code, and implement customized Salesforce apps
- Test apps for stability and functionality
- Use problem-solving skills to maintain app integrity and address bugs
Salesforce developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in a Salesforce developer. Here are some examples:
- In-depth understanding of Salesforce platforms
- Experience with software and application development
- Previous work creating user interfaces