What is an iPhone app developer?
When it’s time to build a native mobile application for devices running on iOS—whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch—you’ll need the services of an expert iPhone mobile app developer. An iPhone app developer will help you plan, wireframe, storyboard, and build your iPhone app through each phase until it’s submitted to the App Store and available for purchase and download.
How do you hire an iPhone app developer?
You can source iPhone app developer talent on Upwork by following these three steps:
- Write a project description. You’ll want to determine your scope of work and the skills and requirements you are looking for in an iPhone app developer.
- Post it on Upwork. Once you’ve written a project description, post it to Upwork. Simply follow the prompts to help you input the information you collected to scope out your project.
- Shortlist and interview iPhone app developers. Once the proposals start coming in, create a shortlist of the professionals you want to interview.
Of these three steps, your project description is where you will determine your scope of work and the specific type of iPhone app developer you need to complete your project.
How much does it cost to hire an iPhone app developer?
Rates can vary due to many factors, including expertise and experience, location, and market conditions.
- An experienced iPhone app developer may command higher fees but also work faster, have more-specialized areas of expertise, and deliver higher-quality work.
- A contractor who is still in the process of building a client base may price their iPhone app developer services more competitively.
Rates typically charged by iPhone app developers on Upwork are:
- Beginner: $20 per hour
- Intermediate: $36 per hour
- Advanced: $95 per hour
Which one is right for you will depend on the specifics of your project.
How do you write an iPhone app developer job post?
Your job post is your chance to describe your project scope, budget, and talent needs. Although you don’t need a full job description as you would when hiring an employee, aim to provide enough detail for a contractor to know if they’re the right fit for the project.
Job post title
Create a simple title that describes exactly what you’re looking for. The idea is to target the keywords that your ideal candidate is likely to type into a job search bar to find your project. Here are some sample iPhone app developer job post titles:
- Looking for iPhone app developer to create small business accounting solution
- App designer needed to develop fitness tracker for iOS
- Need programmer well versed in app development for iPhone/iPad
An effective iPhone app developer job post should include:
- Scope of work: From programming to interface design, list all the deliverables you’ll need.
- Project length: Your job post should indicate whether this is a smaller or larger project.
- Background: If you prefer experience with certain industries or software, mention this here.
- Budget: Set a budget and note your preference for hourly rates vs. fixed-price contracts.
iPhone app developer job responsibilities
Here are some examples of iPhone app developer job responsibilities:
- Design and develop fitness applications for iOS
- Communicate effectively with product and design teams for development of iOS applications
- Integrate all application backend systems for web integration
iPhone app developer job requirements and qualifications
Be sure to include any requirements and qualifications you’re looking for in an iPhone app developer. Here are some examples:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science
- Minimum five years of experience building iOS apps using Swift and Objective C
- App design and development experience using object-oriented methodologies