Hello, I am Mohammed Ahmed, I’ve been in IT field for over 15 years with experience in Open Source Linux, Unix & DevOps Technologies. I have experience in Architecture Design, implementation, supporting On-Premise and AWS Cloud platforms. I am motivated and passionate to achieve the best for my clients and business within the Open Source Linux and DevOps arena. Extensive Hands-on Experience in Designing, implementing, supporting and documenting a wide array of DevOps Environments, whether these are on-premise or AWS Cloud. Extensive experience and knowledge of Data Centre and Open Source Application Design & Deployment.
Getting Open Source & DevOps architecture right in AWS can be a daunting task, knowing the Ecosystem and feature set for your specific requirements can be problematic among the hundreds of services that Amazon introduces regularly and improves on, which is why we at WeDoDevOps Consultancy, we make this simple for you and offer Professional Service with the extensive know how and assurance that you can rely on that your task, job will be handled professionally and courteously
My AWS Specialism:
- Single, Mutli-AZ, Multi-Region Architecting, Design, Deployment & Support of Infrastructure
- Application (EC2 & ECS Microsservices)
- Deployment Strategies: Green / Blue Design & Deployment of Microservices
- Compute: EC2, ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, ELB/ALB, Keypair Management, Parameter
Store, Systems Patch Management
- Databases: RDS (MySQL, Aurora, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB & Elasticache)
- Storage: S3, Storage Gateway
- Migration: Migrated successfully multiple sites On-Premise environments to AWS Cloud without any downtime or outage
- Networking: Multi-site, Multi-Region VPC & Infrastructure designs and implementation, Multi-Environment (Dev, Staging, UAT & Prod) setups, Route53 Management and GEO Location Routing, Cloudfront Design and implementation for CDN, OpenVPN for On-Prem to AWS connectivity including Multi-Account, Multi-Region setups and access.
- Security: IAM, Simplified User Management across Multi-Account setups, WAF, Security Groups, NACLs, AWS Organisations, SSL Management, KMS Encryption
- Management: Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Systems Manager
- Application: AWS SES, Queuing Systems
- Automation: Complete Automation of AWS services using Cloudformation and or Terraform. All aspects of Infrastructure & Application deployment automated for not just single region but replicated to Multi-AZ, Multi-Region.
- Hypervisor: VMWare
- Hardware: HP, Dell
- Storage: HP Lefthand, MSA, NetApp
- Monitoring: Nagios, Cacti, Solarwinds
- OS: Linux All Linux Flavours
Linux & Linux Application Specialism:
- Comfortable in all flavours (Ubuntu, CentOS/RHEL, Amazon Linux)
- Logging and Monitoring: AWS Cloudwatch Setup and ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nagios
- Security: AWS Security Group Design, NACLs (Network Access Control Lists), AWS WAF, Linux IPTables
- Programming: Bash
- Automation Tools: Terraform, AWS Cloudformation, Packer
- Config Management: Puppet
- CI/CD: Jenkins, CodeBuild
- Source Code Versioning: Github, GitLab, CodeCommit
- Methodologies : Scrum / Agile (Kanban)
- Work reporting: Daily Standups / Slack / IM check in
- Automation: Automated deployments, Jenkins/Codebuild/Codedeploy CI & CD implementation, configuration management using Puppet, Multi-AZ, Multi-Region Architecture Design and Implementation using Cloudformation and AWS Stacksets. Multi Account Environment (Dev, Staging, UAT, Pre-Prod and Prod) implementation, AWS Blue/Green Container implementation using Cloudformation across Multiple API Services across Multiple Regions.
- Easily Diagnose issues in on-premise and AWS services, enable logging and monitoring solutions for alerting and diagnostics (Email, SMS, etc) alerts.
- Account review on existing AWS architecture and advise on best practices within Networking, Compute, RDS, Storage Security, User, Backup and General Management.
Please do get in touch with me to discuss any of your requirements or concerns. I more than welcome calls, IM Meetings to speak to clients / companies how they could benefit using AWS Linux & Opensource DevOps Technologies. Whether an ongoing issue, new issue, ongoing support, designing, architecting, implementing, supporting small, medium or large environments or platforms or single server project, I can definitely help you and many more situations alike.
I am honest and reliable, always willing to go the extra mile and open for new knowledge. Feel free to contact and or invite me regarding any of above or if you need something not listed in my profile, always happy to have a chat/discuss.